Post-Game Talk: Isles/Caps preseason 10/9/16 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Looks like a full dress rehearsal for both teams.

I hope I can catch a little of it, I'd like to take a look at Barzal.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I will actually be at this game with some free lower bowl tickets that a season ticket holder coworker hooked me up with.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I will be at the first 2 reg season games but haven't yet been able to make myself care about the Caps this year. Haven't watched a single preseason game. Probably won't watch this one either, but maybe. We'll see if I get excited by the 15th, but honestly I think last playoffs may have been the final straw.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
They're listing 13F, and Sill is in there while Connolly isn't. Wonder if this is a last audition for Sill, or if Connolly is in jeopardy of missing the cut.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
They're listing 13F, and Sill is in there while Connolly isn't. Wonder if this is a last audition for Sill, or if Connolly is in jeopardy of missing the cut.

last chance for sill most likely. sill wasant even getting lines practice yesterday while connolly was swapping in and out with sanford, but of course that may mean nothing

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Basically.... Barzal and Beauvillier are still fighting for spots, and the opening night roster is more likely to have Ryan Pulock somewhere on D.

Ok thanks for the info!
Caps are at full strength tonight, so we'll know how both teams stack up against each other this season.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Ok thanks for the info!
Caps are at full strength tonight, so we'll know how both teams stack up against each other this season.

Also just noticed Brock Nelson would normally be in the lineup as well as Grabovski who is LTIR.

These are the actual lines being reported...

Ladd - Tavares - Parenteau
Chimera - Strome - Lee
Beauvillier - Barzal - Bailey
Kulemin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Hamonic
Hickey - Boychuk
De Haan - Seidenberg

Halak
Greiss

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I will be at the first 2 reg season games but haven't yet been able to make myself care about the Caps this year. Haven't watched a single preseason game. Probably won't watch this one either, but maybe. We'll see if I get excited by the 15th, but honestly I think last playoffs may have been the final straw.

It's hard to get back into it with soooooo much time and sooooo many apparently meaningless regular season games to go before we get to see if there's yet another playoff choke of if they finally break through. Just hope we have an interesting regular season and not this team malaise from last year.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Also just noticed Brock Nelson would normally be in the lineup as well as Grabovski who is LTIR.

These are the actual lines being reported...

Ladd - Tavares - Parenteau
Chimera - Strome - Lee
Beauvillier - Barzal - Bailey
Kulemin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Hamonic
Hickey - Boychuk
De Haan - Seidenberg

Halak
Greiss

What happened to Grabovski? I liked that dude when he played for us. Also, I'm surprised to see Kulemin on the 4th line, I thought he wouldn't be any lower than 3rd line. I don't know anything about Beauvillier, but Kulemin is certainly better than Chimera.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What happened to Grabovski? I liked that dude when he played for us. Also, I'm surprised to see Kulemin on the 4th line, I thought he wouldn't be any lower than 3rd line. I don't know anything about Beauvillier, but Kulemin is certainly better than Chimera.

Grabo's brain has been turned to mush, unfortunately. Repeated concussions.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

I think he's close to being done for good. The guy keeps skating with his head down and gets caught pretty badly atleast few times each season. Several concussions must be catching up to him.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Grabo's brain has been turned to mush, unfortunately. Repeated concussions.

I think he's close to being done for good. The guy keeps skating with his head down and gets caught pretty badly atleast few times each season. Several concussions must be catching up to him.

He's had those issues for a long time, I thought he would've learned to keep his head up by now. It's unfortunate, he's a good player.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

I think ultimately you will see Kuli on the 3rd line with Chimera replacing Matt Martin on the 4th line. Grabo has taken too many rough hits.... I think he had two or three concussions last season alone. The guy just tries to skate into dangerous areas with his head down too much. I honestly think his career may be over.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think ultimately you will see Kuli on the 3rd line with Chimera replacing Matt Martin on the 4th line. Grabo has taken too many rough hits.... I think he had two or three concussions last season alone. The guy just tries to skate into dangerous areas with his head down too much. I honestly think his career may be over.

Ok, thanks again for your valuable contribution. One more question, what is Barzal's potential. I hear his name from time to time but I don't know anything about him.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Ok, thanks again for your valuable contribution. One more question, what is Barzal's potential. I hear his name from time to time but I don't know anything about him.

I think he settles in as a good 2nd line center behind Tavares. With his vision, hands and skating ability, he's got a great knack at baiting defenders to come to him, opening up space for his team mates, then opening up lanes to make crisp tape to tape passes. He's not big, but has strong legs and isn't afraid to get into the dirty areas. Biggest weakness is defense, and he could use his shot more to keep opponents guessing. He actually has a pretty good sneaky wrister.

I think he gets sent back to Jr, he's exceeded my expectations this camp though. I think he even leads the team in pts right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad