Proposal: Isles - Canes

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
to NYI: Adam Fox, RHD

to CAR: Michael Dal Colle, LW

Isles get a kid with huge upside who apparently has a 0% chance of signing with Carolina. A guy who has openly expressed his interest to play in NY. He's a Long Island kid and trading for him now will give the Isles a head start over the Rangers on luring him over.

Carolina gets a former top-5 pick who has developed terribly to this point. I'm not going to pretend like he has great value - or even decent value - because he doesn't. He IS, however, a kid who is still incredibly young and has the pedigree, so it's possible that a team such as Carolina could view him as someone who could just use a change of scenery. Although the production has been really disappointing, the upside is still there.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
to NYI: Adam Fox, RHD

to CAR: Michael Dal Colle, LW

Isles get a kid with huge upside who apparently has a 0% chance of signing with Carolina. A guy who has openly expressed his interest to play in NY. He's a Long Island kid and trading for him now will give the Isles a head start over the Rangers on luring him over.

Carolina gets a former top-5 pick who has developed terribly to this point. I'm not going to pretend like he has great value - or even decent value - because he doesn't. He IS, however, a kid who is still incredibly young and has the pedigree, so it's possible that a team such as Carolina could view him as someone who could just use a change of scenery. Although the production has been really disappointing, the upside is still there.

What source do you have that Fox isn't signing here?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
...Isles get a kid with huge upside who apparently has a 0% chance of signing with Carolina...

Waddell literally today:

(On Adam Fox): "I'd say it's 99.9 percent we will get him signed," Waddell said. "I don't see it being as issue at all."

Could defensive prospect Adam Fox give the Hurricanes the edge in the Calgary trade?

Get that trash out of here. It has NEVER been reported that there was 0% chance Fox signed with Carolina. Wishful thinking turned into a false reality.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Good idea, but doubt Carolina would bite. If he heads to UFA I'd love to have him though.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
0% chance of Fox signing?

Can't remember who it was - some Calgary beat writer - was on NHL Network radio after the trade with the Canes and said zero-point-zero (RIP Eric the Actor) chance of signing. That was a pretty bold statement, usually guys will throw the 1% out there just to cover their own ass, so I figured he had some sort of inside info. Maybe he was talking out of his rear though. I'll try to find his name..

Reactions: CheMxDawG

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Can't remember who it was - some Calgary beat writer - was on NHL Network radio after the trade with the Canes and said zero-point-zero (RIP Eric the Actor) chance of signing. That was a pretty bold statement, usually guys will throw the 1% out there just to cover their own ass, so I figured he had some sort of inside info. Maybe he was talking out of his rear though. I'll try to find his name..

It was Eric Francis, Flames beat writer. A little chapped ass writing because Fox had let it be known that he wasn't signing in Calgary

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

0% chance of signing with the Flames.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Honestly, it's probably worth it for Carolina to get something. Fox is totally going to pull a Vesey and get as much money as he can. They'd have about as equal an opportunity to sign him after his senior year if they traded him as they would if they kept him. Might as well get a free asset.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What a garbage offer :laugh:

Indeed, way to try to get value for nothing OP.

Fox was quoted today as having never said he’d not sign in Calgary. There’s an interview on the Canes website where he literally says he wants the get to the NHL ASAP. He even alludes to signing after his college season is up, which seems to be what Waddell is 99.9% will happen as well.

With all the shit coming out of Calgary about Hamilton being such a locker room problem, it seems they also want to project that on Fox as well. That beat writer from Calgary also just resigned, I would take what he says with a huge grain of salt.

All that said, sure, there’s a chance Fox refuses to sign with CAR. But, for a kid who’s clearly said he wants to play in the NHL sooner rather than later, do you really think he wants to wait 2 more years? It’s possible, but with everything said over the past 2 days, it looks like he’s going through sign with CAR towards the end of next season. I don’t think Waddell would go on record like today, if he hadn’t already gotten a firm insinuation from Fox that he was open the signing after his junior year. He’d look like a complete fool if he’s wrong.

If he doesn’t sign next March or April, I’m pretty sure CAR could do better than a failed prospect.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Honestly, it's probably worth it for Carolina to get something. Fox is totally going to pull a Vesey and get as much money as he can. They'd have about as equal an opportunity to sign him after his senior year if they traded him as they would if they kept him. Might as well get a free asset.

You do realize that just like Vesey, Fox is going to be subject to the rules regarding ELCs, so he can't get any more money from one team as he can from another, right?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad