Rumor: Isles-Bruins- Jets

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Great cuz we need another midget defenseman. Garth has to go.

:facepalm: Because Garth is the one coming up with random trade rumors?

I got one. Garth should trade our 7th round pick next year for McDavid. I just made a rumor. Fire Chia.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Boychuck was supposed to be an alternate captain and alternate home and away with Ladd Clutter and Hamonic according to Staple. Oddly he wasn't announced as an assistant. This is probably much adue about nothing but maybe his name is being discussed?

Isles don't really have a prolific offensive defenseman and Krug brings that element.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I would think Winnipeg would be notably more interested in Krug rather than de Haan, so I don't see why the Islanders would be involved in this deal as is.

The only way I can see it making sense for the Islanders to be involved in this would be if the Jets are demanding a dman back, and the B's are only willing to move a forward. I could then see something around Trouba, Pastrnak and an Islanders dman, with some lesser pieces added in to balance value. Though, I have no idea what dman from the Islanders would make enough sense for them and Winnipeg in order to make the deal.

cagefighter91

Sep 5, 2013
I would think Winnipeg would be notably more interested in Krug rather than de Haan, so I don't see why the Islanders would be involved in this deal as is.

The only way I can see it making sense for the Islanders to be involved in this would be if the Jets are demanding a dman back, and the B's are only willing to move a forward. I could then see something around Trouba, Pastrnak and an Islanders dman, with some lesser pieces added in to balance value. Though, I have no idea what dman from the Islanders would make enough sense for them and Winnipeg in order to make the deal.

Pastrnak doesn't provide anything more than what we already have in Ho-Sang or Barzal. The only logical reason I can see us getting involved is the type of D-Man each team is looking for. How I see it, we need an offensive guy to help on power play, Bruins need possible Chara replacement, Jets need responsible defender to play first/second pair.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Murphy is hit and miss (usually miss) with "rumours." Murphy's twitter handle notwithstanding, I could see this trade happening.

Last edited:

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
:facepalm: Because Garth is the one coming up with random trade rumors?

I got one. Garth should trade our 7th round pick next year for McDavid. I just made a rumor. Fire Chia.

Right cuz Garth hasn't handled this roster like a complete rook. Face palm yourself.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Murphy is hit and miss (usually miss) with "rumours." Murphy's twitter handle notwithstanding, I could see this trade happening.

I don't think the guy who made the twitter post came out with the rumor(just the 3 teams are talking), the OP came up with the proposal

gbislander

Sep 21, 2015
I don't think the guy who made the twitter post came out with the rumor(just the 3 teams are talking), the OP came up with the proposal

I was going to say this. The rumor is the Isles, Bruins, Jets could be talking 3-way trade.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
FWIW, I saw the following post in the Trouba megathread on the trade forums:

according to sportsnet NHL insider predictions:

After the trade deadline Jacob Trouba will be a member of the ______:

Sean McIndoe: Boston Bruins
David Amber: Dallas Stars
Eric Engels: Boston Bruins
Ryan Dixon: Detroit Red Wings
Chris Johnston: Winnipeg Jets
Mark Spector: Winnipeg Jets
Eric Francis: Edmonton Oilers
Kristina Rutherford: New York Rangers
Gord Stellick: Anaheim Ducks
Christine Simpson: Detroit Red Wings
Jeff Marek: Winnipeg Jets
Luke Fox: Edmonton Oilers
John Shannon: Boston Bruins
Daren Millard: New York Islanders
Nick Kypreos: Boston Bruins
Doug MacLean: New York Islanders

thought it's interesting some think he won't get traded at all

Interesting to have two analysts say he'll end up an Islander. Not quite sure where he'll fit unless we can find a way to move Boychuk, or if Pulock is part of the return going back to Winnipeg.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Seriously what the heck NYI guys. Krug becomes our top offensive D by a wide margin.

some guys will just bicker no matter what Snow does. we could win a cup, and they will be upset that we didn't win all the trophies as well.

the mods are supposed to be checking for trolls, and i want to know what the definition is. when someone repeatedly criticizes the organization, and never cheers when good things happen, is he/she really a fan? regardless of how tactful they do it, it is trolling...

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
IF we could get Trouba for De Haan(which I don't see happening) why even involve the Bruins in this deal?

that's exactly what I was thinking after reading this. Why would we trade de Haan and a third for Krug and a 2nd if we could trade de Haan and a third for Trouba. And why would the Jets want de Haan over Krug? This deal makes no sense from so many angles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad