Speculation: Isles are playing possum

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
They know they can turn it on. But they're not a big heavy team and need to pace themselves. They figure they have the juice to go on a tear the second half and make it to the 8th seed. They'd love another date with the Pens in round one. And Pittsburgh is most certainly going to be in the mix for first in the East, let alone the Metro division.

When everyone's healthy, and the chemistry is cooking, watch them unleash these lines in the march to the playoffs:

Vanek-JT-Strome
Bailey-Frans-KO
Grabner-Nelson-CC
Martin-Zeeker-CMac

Watch.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
They know they can turn it on. But they're not a big heavy team and need to pace themselves. They figure they have the juice to go on a tear the second half and make it to the 8th seed. They'd love another date with the Pens in round one. And Pittsburgh is most certainly going to be in the mix for first in the East, let alone the Metro division.

When everyone's healthy, and the chemistry is cooking, watch them unleash these lines in the march to the playoffs:

Vanek-JT-Strome
Bailey-Frans-KO
Grabner-Nelson-CC
Martin-Zeeker-CMac

Watch.

Sometimes an animal isn't just playing dead. It is in fact dead. I believe that is the case here.

but I appreciate the enthusiasm and hope that they use Strome, Nelson, and CDH in appropriate roles the rest of the year.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
I'm glad somebody is a weirdo like me and still believes in them. I think Vis coming back would do wonders for them. The Metro is so bad they're only 10 points out of a playoff spot with 51 games to go.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Love your optimism, but unfortunately all that stuff your listing is NOT the problem....It's the defense and goalies you are leaving off the list, lol...

Just because a wart is covered under a t-shirt doesn't mean it's not there.....

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
If that is their strategy, it's possibly one of the worst ones ever. "Oh let's sucks for a long time and then turn it on". That's a recipe for success....

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
It DOES help that our division is awful. But I just don't know..

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Chemistry is everything for every team. When these kids are on, they can compete with the Pittsburghs of the league.

What, they suddenly forgot how to play hockey?

Nope.

And I can see how this dark period has brought a lot of skeletons out of the closet for the average fan.

But this season is far from over.

Yeah, you know:

Grandpa's 22k Gold Pocket Watch

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'm glad somebody is a weirdo like me and still believes in them. I think Vis coming back would do wonders for them. The Metro is so bad they're only 10 points out of a playoff spot with 51 games to go.

Hate to say it, but if the Isles are counting on Vis to help turn around the season, well, this possum is deader than dead. Visnofsky's concussion may be of the Crosby variety, and we remember how long Crosby was out. It's been 1 1/2 months and we haven't heard a damn thing about Visnofsky. Same with Strait, it's been over a month, and we don't even know what happened to him.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Hate to say it, but if the Isles are counting on Vis to help turn around the season, well, this possum is deader than dead. Visnofsky's concussion may be of the Crosby variety, and we remember how long Crosby was out. It's been 1 1/2 months and we haven't heard a damn thing about Visnofsky. Same with Strait, it's been over a month, and we don't even know what happened to him.

Terminator watch.

StarBucks

Dec 27, 2004
WANG____MeFoolingYOU
:facepalm:

Vanek-JT-Strome
Bailey-Frans-KO
Grabner-Nelson-CC
Martin-Zeeker-CMac

Watch.
Oh Boy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad