Isles and Titanic...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Got a chuckle from this -- sent from a Rangers fan... but I laughed out loud..

2dhtrtc.jpg

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
in fairness to us, we don't really look good before hitting the ice.

Perhaps if the Titanic caught fire a few miles before impact...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Leafs might be a joke but at least they are relevant. The Isles are both a joke AND irrelevant. Worst possible combination. :help:

the leafs may not win. However as a org they make $$$ by the truckload. Far from the worst

IMO that's exactly why the Leafs are the biggest joke. They make a ton of money. People leave season tix in their Wills. 25% of NHL players grew up as Leafs fans making it a desireable place to play. And they still can't win. You'd think with a monkey as GM they could've won at least one Cup in the past 45 years....

Wedregast

Mar 26, 2009
Leafs might be a joke but at least they are relevant. The Isles are both a joke AND irrelevant. Worst possible combination. :help:

How are the leafs relevant? In a discussion about Original 6 teams that haven't won a cup since the late 60's. Or a discussion about teams that have a current longer Playoff-less spell then even the Islanders? :laugh:

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
How are the leafs relevant? In a discussion about Original 6 teams that haven't won a cup since the late 60's. Or a discussion about teams that have a current longer Playoff-less spell then even the Islanders? :laugh:

Simply because they are in the limelight 24/7. Sure, they suck and have been a joke on the ice for a while now but people still pay attention to the Leafs. They still get a ton of media coverage and they sell out their building every night with no problem. That's the definition of relevance. The Isles, outside of hfboards and a small smattering of fans aren't a blip on anyone's radar.

I understand we are talking about a Canadian market vs. a non-Canadian market but everything I said is true... unfortunately.

Pnut

Simply because they are in the limelight 24/7. Sure, they suck and have been a joke on the ice for a while now but people still pay attention to the Leafs. They still get a ton of media coverage and they sell out their building every night with no problem. That's the definition of relevance. The Isles, outside of hfboards and a small smattering of fans aren't a blip on anyone's radar.

I understand we are talking about a Canadian market vs. a non-Canadian market but everything I said is true... unfortunately.
How much competition do the Leafs have for a fans sports dollar up there? The Blue Jays and Raptors. Its not like the Isles only compete for attention with just the Knicks and Yanks, and the Giants, Jets, Nets, Mets and Raggies don't exist. Sorry Twine your wrong on this.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Either way.....I found it funny. Hopefully things start turning around....hopefully....lol.

SaintTavares

Jul 8, 2009
Brooklyn

If that's the case, then the Maple Leafs are the New York Jets of the NHL. Haven't won in years, they suck today, but everyone still talks about them.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
How much competition do the Leafs have for a fans sports dollar up there? The Blue Jays and Raptors. Its not like the Isles only compete for attention with just the Knicks and Yanks, and the Giants, Jets, Nets, Mets and Raggies don't exist. Sorry Twine your wrong on this.

In my eyes you are either relevant or you aren't. The Leafs are. There's no disputing it. The reasons why they stay relevant are irrelevant.

You pretty much just answered it for me by mentioning the Raptors and Blue Jays. Have those teams been relevant the past few years? Let's see what happens with the Jays this year with all those acquisitions but that stadium has been empty for years (minus games against the Yankees of course).

CDirt

Mar 20, 2008
z9.invisionfree.com

THe Leafs have the canadians as well. Huge rivalry between the two. Used to be the Nordiques, Canadians and Leafs as the three biggest rivals in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad