Post-Game Talk: Isles 6, Pens 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not much to say... The Pens are scared to play the Isles. As soon as the Isles start heating up, Pens back off. It's in their mindset right now. They cannot play that pace. Not even close.

Yikes. Not what ya wanna see.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I'm sure I'm one of the few to have this opinion, but this game was really encouraging to me. Sid had more room on the ice than I've seen in a long time. ANd that was with Kunitz playing a pretty bad game compared to his normal game. When horny and Comeau back they should look a lot better. And they just need some time to get into a groove.

Islanders are a good team too, and we were on the road. Try not to lose your mind folks

But they need to not make bad turnovers and maybe clear the ****ing crease once in awhile

+++ Letang - Stellar game from him. Loved Watching it
+++ Sid - Great again
+ perron
++ martin
+ harrington - SHould play over borts imo

-- Depres
-- Scuds
- Sutter
- Beau - invisible, although Geno was in shoot shoot shoot mode
-- Spaling - I really like him, solid player. But way over his head on Geno's line in my opinion
= Fleury - Made some great saves but gave up 5 so defeinitely not a plus

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
+the powerplay?

Everything that needed to work for the Penguins to win this game... didn't. Well deserved win by the Isles.

Quatro Quatro

May 29, 2014
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing JR bring in someone on D. The offense isn't the problem other than the 4th line, which will be solved once Hornqvist and Comeau come back.

Michael8771*

Not much to say... The Pens are scared to play the Isles. As soon as the Isles start heating up, Pens back off. It's in their mindset right now. They cannot play that pace. Not even close.

I agree, if this team wasn't in our head before, they definitely are now. This is really devastating.

penguins2946*

I thought basically everyone outside of Malkin, Crosby, Perron, Letang, Martin and Despres looked varying levels of bad. Downie deserves to be scratched for that crap.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'd love this team dominate other teams the way we get dominated. Wait, i'm asking for too much, now BB must be sacrafised to the hockey gods for saying that, maybe Crosby too.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com

Lack of leadership is a well known problem here and that's why the strong Justin Williams rumors before injuries.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon

so you're telling me it STILL is Bylsma's fault after all...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I don't see that at all. We were frankly outplaying them up until they got a lucky third goal to tie it. It is concerning how we mentally collapsed after that but up until that point we were the better team.

People will flip out about this and be mad but I thought we played a damned good game up until one disastrous half period.

What would concern me is if we got outplayed from start to finish. Not the case. We were better for most of the game.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm not really going to focus on individual efforts. I thought there was some good and some bad, as usual. The problem I have is the prodigious issue of team mentality when it comes to the Isles. Even up 2-0, Isles just kept going. Pens knew it, too. Pens can just feel when they are going to lose and you can see it on the ice. After we went up 2-0 there weren't many long stretches of hockey where I could say the Pens outplayed the Isles.

Isles aren't scared of Pittsburgh and we better pray to the hockey gods we don't see 'em in the postseason. They just KNOW they can beat the Pens.

Michael8771*

I thought basically everyone outside of Malkin, Crosby, Perron, Letang, Martin and Despres looked varying levels of bad. Downie deserves to be scratched for that crap.
Despres was very shaky this game. Not sure how or why you wouldn't think so.

bingobangobongo

Jun 14, 2010
The competitiveness of this game was purely clinical.

They got a 2-0 lead and then were afraid to show any emotion. They were outscored 6-1.

The defense didn't want to offend any Islanders in front of the net.

The bottom 6 is too vanilla to win a Cup with.

Any time Letang wants to go below the hashmarks in the offensive zone it is a win for the opponent.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The big ones.

- That was a collapse.
- Downie being a ****ing moron and he knew it as soon as he got the penalty
- Fleury. You don't want to see that from him against this team
- Scuderi dear god. Jesus ****ing Christ, don't play him on 4 on 4's and make him go away
- Shero's parting gifts to this team are still delightfully rage worthy

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Pretty fun game to watch, lots of speed and lots of ups and downs. Sid is feeling it again, which is great and the PP is trending upwards again . Fleury looks a little more like normal Fleury again lately which had to be expected but his regular season play doesn't matter anyway.
All in all, the coaching staff has gotten a good look at where we're still lacking so we'll see how they straighten it out until the playoffs.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012

Depres was the worst defensemen on the ice tonight. For either team.

LionelHutz*

The things I'd do to see Sill,Scuds, and Adams telleported to a parallel dimension.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see that at all. We were frankly outplaying them up until they got a lucky third goal to tie it. It is concerning how we mentally collapsed after that but up until that point we were the better team.

People will flip out about this and be mad but I thought we played a damned good game up until one disastrous half period.

What would concern me is if we got outplayed from start to finish. Not the case. We were better for most of the game.

Not the game I saw, Pancakes. I knew it was happening all along and that is how the Isles score goals. That wasn't luck. That's what they do to us. THey play their game against us and we totally fall for it.

The biggest thing is mentality. Isles aren't scared and KNOW they are going to beat us. Pittsburgh looks nervous when they get leads and don't think they can beat NYI. It's quite clear on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad