Islanders Youtube/Video Thread

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
I wouldn't say the greatest ever (Nystrom's goal will forever have that title), but I've been a fan since the late 70s, and the Coliseum has never, and I mean *never*, been as loud. It's definitely the best highlight of the last 14 years, and with the game 7 Volek (93) and LaFontaine (87) goals as the best of the last quarter century.

raskolnikov

Sep 13, 2005
LI
I wouldn't say the greatest ever (Nystrom's goal will forever have that title), but I've been a fan since the late 70s, and the Coliseum has never, and I mean *never*, been as loud. It's definitely the best highlight of the last 14 years, and with the game 7 Volek (93) and LaFontaine (87) goals as the best of the last quarter century.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi0-oCyYHVo

I remember the penguin doll with the noose around its neck on the cover of newsday. I believe it was right after the isles took them back to pittsburgh. Can't beat Bowman's disgust and Mario seeking out arbor to shake his hand. What a team that 93 team was

Tom Liodice

Jul 1, 2003
Long Island
www.thetigertrack.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi0-oCyYHVo

I remember the penguin doll with the noose around its neck on the cover of newsday. I believe it was right after the isles took them back to pittsburgh. Can't beat Bowman's disgust and Mario seeking out arbor to shake his hand. What a team that 93 team was
I remember jumping and running around my house waking up my whole family when Volek buried that shot. That was a truly memorable year :)

Law

Jun 19, 2007
Miami, FL
The best Isles video ever:

Not the "best ever" (Nystrom, Bossy in mid-air, LaFontaine, Volek) but man, I was at all of those home playoff games and that video still gives me goosebumps. Great series, almost pulled it off (Tucker's a ******r). Coliseum was absolutely SHAKING the entire series. Good times...hope we have them again sometime.

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
Great story about that Bates penalty shot game. I was (and still do) live in Orlando, but there was no way after having season tickets through the down years of the late 80s and early 90s that I was going to miss that series. So I bought tickets for my dad and I for games 3 & 4 and we were going to fly up. But something came up and he couldn't go, so I ended up taking a friend of mine who's a diehard Ranger fan to game 4.

He will never admit it, to this day, but when Bates scored, he was jumping up and down and screaming his lungs out, caught up in the excitement. The building was, literally, shaking. Plaster was coming down off the ceiling.

That goal was all those years of frustration, all the years of disappointment, all of the heartache, washed away for at least one night. Hempstead Turnpike sounded like we'd won a Cup with all the "Let's Go Islanders!" honking.

That night, for the first time in years, everyone on the Island was an Islander fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad