Speculation: Islanders want to sign both Parise and Suter

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
As a Rangers fan, the nightmare scenario is Parise and Suter on vet min deals, and Lou goes all in on Landeskog with the savings.

And the scary thing is, it's not really far fetched.
I’d love that but I just can’t see us fitting Lando in. I guess it depends On the Pelech Sorokin and Cizikas deals

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I’d love that but I just can’t see us fitting Lando in. I guess it depends On the Pelech Sorokin and Cizikas deals

I hope I'm wrong, because the last thing I want to see is Landeskog just trucking people on a line with Lee and Brock

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Read a piece that Aho,Bolduc and Salo have looked good and will vie for a regular spot on the Islanders in 2021-22
No even as promising as Bolduc and Salo are, they will be in AHL for at least one more season as Trotz seldom trust rookie and will be ease into the lineup over next 2 seasons on emergency call only basis (to replace an injured LHD).

Reactions: andys

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Is making one of the oldest teams in the NHL older, really the best plan?

Not too bad if it is max 2 years and if the cap hit is reasonable for aging vets. They will be place holders until some of their prospect ready to play in NHL full time. Isles will need some cap space in 2023 summer to resign Barzal as UFA so any contract signed beyond 2022-2023 does not make any sense.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Not too bad if it is max 2 years and if the cap hit is reasonable for aging vets. They will be place holders until some of their prospect ready to play in NHL full time. Isles will need some cap space in 2023 summer to resign Barzal as UFA so any contract signed beyond 2022-2023 does not make any sense.
How is RD-man Bode Wilde doing? Was he in Bridgeport last year?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
How is RD-man Bode Wilde doing? Was he in Bridgeport last year?

Yes, Bode Wilde was in Bridgeport all year. With questions about his defensive game, he's a player that badly needs reps so the shortened season did not help him. Had a quiet year offensively, but he was likely concentrating on his defensive game. His tools are still dazzling, a complete season in the AHL should be good for him and the Isles can be patient with him with their strong RHD group.

Reactions: andys

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Pulock, Dobson - 2022 RFA/UFA
Barzal, Wahlstrom and Mayfield - 2023 UFA/RFA

I didn’t include some of the older veterans but those are pieces that will all need decent upgrades in salary. Lou can sign these guys but will have to be reasonable for obvious reasons.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I can see Parise going there but I could also see Suter going to a few different contenders as well.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Pulock, Dobson - 2022 RFA/UFA
Barzal, Wahlstrom and Mayfield - 2023 UFA/RFA

I didn’t include some of the older veterans but those are pieces that will all need decent upgrades in salary. Lou can sign these guys but will have to be reasonable for obvious reasons.

I think Parise and Suter will both be short term. Hopefully only 1 year for Parise. Part of the reason I'd prefer Tarasenko to Landeskog though is because his contract ends the same time as Barzal , Wahlstrom and Mayfield. Next year we'll have Clutterbuck, Hickey, Boychuk(LTIR'd), and Leo(if he's still around) coming off the books so I don't think we'll have a problem keeping these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad