Pre-Game Talk: Islanders vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Rags looked pretty good last night. I must ask a question to all: Do you think Rags/Islanders games have lost a little zip over the past few years? I say this because they have been really ahead of us the last few seasons + no major brawls + we just need wins and this is just of another must win game,not a must win game because it's the Rags. I was talking with some Rags fan last night and he said "I hate the Devils, their our biggest rival". I have also noticed the usual letdown after the Rags game is also not as a bad in the last few years? Thoughts?

Isles/Rangers has lost zip ever since NYR won the cup. Since then no where near what it was during dynatsy years and pre 94. Now it's kinda just another game.

Won;t gain steam again until Isles become a regular playoff team.

That being aid, tomorrow night is ahuge game for Isles.

Get the "W" boys!

"Great moments are born from great opportunity" Herb Brooks

twentytwo

Jun 23, 2008
according to ESPNNewYork the rags picked up Hamrlik off waivers. Guess Staal might be out a while. That puck to the eye was brutal hopefully he is OK.

If I'm not mistaken the claim would've had to had been made before the Staal injury. But never the less, I think it is a good pick up for them.

Hopefully Staal is OK and has a smooth recovery.

dash8fo

Jan 12, 2013
If I'm not mistaken the claim would've had to had been made before the Staal injury. But never the less, I think it is a good pick up for them.

Hopefully Staal is OK and has a smooth recovery.

Your right that makes sense I just jumped to conclusions thanks.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Pumped, but also have seen this before. Every time Isles have a chance to take another step forward, they take 3 back. We will see tomorrow.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure Martin would manhandle Haley. I know Haley is a tough customer, but he has a huge size disadvantage against Martin.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Urgh, I'd just rather have Martin handle the enforcer duties and have Ullstrom in the lineup. He's the 2nd faster player we have.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Urgh, I'd just rather have Martin handle the enforcer duties and have Ullstrom in the lineup. He's the 2nd faster player we have.

I think it would be a very bad idea not to dress Boulton to police Haley. Haley in his first Isles-Rags game as a ranger at the coliseum has shenanigans written all over it.

Besides, it's not like Cappy plays Ullstrom anyway.

DanNYI2191

Aug 4, 2011
Suffolk County
Wishful thinking, I think Martin get's KO'd

Haley did a number on Bickel at MSG once and there was a huge size advantage there too.
In fairness, Haley jumped Bickel on that one. The guy barely had time to respond.

Edit: Just re-watched the fight and I'm wrong on that one. I remembered it incorrectly.

mhs8hockey

Jun 3, 2006
connecticut

Attachments

• bickel.jpg
    bickel.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 8

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Isles-Rangers games haven't been the same for a long time. I don't feel like the rivalry exists anymore and I blame Dolan and MSG. Once the Isles didn't have their own network anymore and are placed on the same channels as the Rangers, with guys having that round table discussion and working together has just sucked! They've made it seem like one big happy family and it's completely boring now.

Yes this is a big game, for sure, but it used to be because it was the Rangers. I mean you even have fans on here worried about Staal's well being. Even the fans have turned soft!! You would never see that 10 years ago. It's not what it used to be and that sickens me...

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Isles-Rangers games haven't been the same for a long time. I don't feel like the rivalry exists anymore and I blame Dolan and MSG. Once the Isles didn't have their own network anymore and are placed on the same channels as the Rangers, with guys having that round table discussion and working together has just sucked! They've made it seem like one big happy family and it's completely boring now.

Yes this is a big game, for sure, but it used to be because it was the Rangers. I mean you even have fans on here worried about Staal's well being. Even the fans have turned soft!! You would never see that 10 years ago. It's not what it used to be and that sickens me...

Wait, you are upset because Isles fans show concern over a potential life-altering injury? It’s a game man. It’s not like fans are getting upset if we scored 7 goals on Lundqvist and he feels bad, or someone throws a solid body check that knows the wind out of someone. If you can’t separate the two, I think you have some serious problems.

If a guy on the Rangers gets paralyzed, what are we supposed to do? Cheer for it and laugh at his kids for what his father has become? Get a grip dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad