Pre-Game Talk: Islanders vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
I think we need some pre game talk I mean I am so pumped to play the Rangers and this is definitely the biggest game of the season. I just checked ticketmaster and this game will easily be a sell out. Both the Rangers and the islanders are on small winning streaks and fighting for that last playoff spot. The Coliseum should be rocking and I'm pumped!

burana800

Dec 5, 2010
Finland
This is it. Once again this is the game to get us back to .50 and this is exactly the type of game we have been loosing for the past two seasons or so. It's gonna be full house against the Rangers. If the coach cannot motivate players for this game we are done. We need JT's line to step up and Matt Martins line to keep it up. I'm gonna call it here: Win and we make the playoffs. :help:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think we are gonna keep the same lines. We need size for this game and hopefully we can win in our house.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
I think we unfortunately get embarressed. We just don't do well when we get a chance to:
A. Get to .500
B. Move into that 8-seed.

Something like 4-1 is what I see.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Well what I will say is I really liked the hitting last night. I hope they bring the same effort.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Haley played vs Philly and prob again vs us.

I think we should dress Boulton. Don't need to see Haley laying a beating on Martin on home ice

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
This is the most important game of the season. The Rangers are 2 points above us in the standings with two games in hand. We need to beat them not only to inch closer to the 8th spot, but to make them lose some traction.

Good thing I turned down going to this game for playing in my own hockey game, I think I would die of stress watching this one :laugh:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It's a lot more fun and entertaining when they are competing at an NHL level, isn't it?! Would be fantastic if they could remain in the playoff mix for most of the season. I'm actually looking forward to watching an Isles game. Wow...

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Last night was IMO the most physical game the Islanders have played...they were consistantly hitting which forces mistakes and tends to get you more powerplay chances.

I think this game has to be played the same way if not more so, hitting Gabby and Richards early and often will take their will away. at that point we just need someone assigned to Nash and Callahan to keep them off the score sheet. I think the Rag$ are actually one of the few teams with less secondary scoring then us.

JT line has played ok and the Cizikas line as played extremely well lately but I'm going to say the Neilson-Grabs-Okposo line is the line that wins this game for us. Grabs with 2 goals, Okposo with one and an empty netter for Martin :sarcasm: ...4-2 Isles Win!!!!

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
First time a lot of these boys have played in such a meaningful game this "late" into the season, let alone against the Rags. Man, this is going to be a fun one.

scott99

May 13, 2005
This is the most important Islanders/Rangers game since April 3rd 2007. The Islanders needed to win the last 4 games of the season, and needed some help, to make the playoffs. Islanders beat the Rangers that day 3-2 in a shootout (Thanks Wade Dublewicz !), they won the next 3 after, the rest is history, and the last time we made the playoffs. This is such a BIG game, exact halfway mark of the season (24th game), a win ties us for the 8th playoff spot for the playoffs, and puts us at the mythical .500. The team CAN NOT come out flat, must play hard every shift, and must play exactly like last night.

Also read we are exactly 1 game over .500 alltime, must not fall back to .500.

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
This is the most important Islanders/Rangers game since April 3rd 2007. The Islanders needed to win the last 4 games of the season, and needed some help, to make the playoffs. Islanders beat the Rangers that day 3-2 in a shootout (Thanks Wade Dublewicz !), they won the next 3 after, the rest is history, and the last time we made the playoffs. This is such a BIG game, exact halfway mark of the season (24th game), a win ties us for the 8th playoff spot for the playoffs, and puts us at the mythical .500. The team CAN NOT come out flat, must play hard every shift, and must play exactly like last night.

Also read we are exactly 1 game over .500 alltime, must not fall back to .500.

i was at that game in 2007.....what an awesome game

also do you guys think the storm will be bad tomorrow, i live in suffolk and really hope i can still make it in.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Haley played vs Philly and prob again vs us.

I think we should dress Boulton. Don't need to see Haley laying a beating on Martin on home ice

Martin doesn't need to fight him. He just needs to do enough to antagonize him into taking a stupid penalty.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Not sure what this implies about Marc Staal but the Rangers have claimed Roman Hamlrik off waivers.. Possible both Richards and Staal don't play tomorrow.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Rags looked pretty good last night. I must ask a question to all: Do you think Rags/Islanders games have lost a little zip over the past few years? I say this because they have been really ahead of us the last few seasons + no major brawls + we just need wins and this is just of another must win game,not a must win game because it's the Rags. I was talking with some Rags fan last night and he said "I hate the Devils, their our biggest rival". I have also noticed the usual letdown after the Rags game is also not as a bad in the last few years? Thoughts?

Last edited:

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Rags looked pretty good last night. I must ask a question to all: Do you think Rags/Islanders games have lost a little zip over the past few years? I say this because they have been really ahead of us the last few seasons + no major brawls + we just need wins and this is just of another must win game,not a must win game because it's the Rags. I was talking with some Rags fan last night and he said "I hate the Devils, their our biggest rival". I have also noticed the usual letdown after the Rags game is also not as a bad in the last few years? Thoughts?

We just haven't kept up our end, its tough to have a rivalry with an bad team....It gets boring. Please believe if we make the playoffs and have some meanful games with the Rag$ we will quickly become rivals again but yes I do believe these games have lost some luster....Not for me personally but for the teams themselves IMO.

A perfect night is an Isles win and a Raggies loss.

dash8fo

Jan 12, 2013
according to ESPNNewYork the rags picked up Hamrlik off waivers. Guess Staal might be out a while. That puck to the eye was brutal hopefully he is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad