Pre-Game Talk: Islanders vs. Rangers 2/7

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
So our beat writer Aurthur Staple has a couple of updates didn't know where else to put these so I figured we could start a pre-game thread:

And I'd expect Evgeni Nabokov in goal vs. #NYR. Wasn't as sharp against Pitt, but likely to get start in MSG. Been good overall. #Isles
Josh Bailey (knee) not likely to be activated for Thurs. vs. #NYR either. Saturday seems to be target for his return. #Isles
Travis Hamonic (ankle) practiced today. Andrew MacDonald, banged up late in gm last night, did not practice today. Should play tomorrow.
Lubomir Visnovsky will arrive in NY this evening, take physical Thurs. AM and join #Isles for Fri. practice. Saturday possible first 1st gm.

So it looks like Bailey and Visnovsky will both miss this game and with Nabby in net I'd expect the same lineup come Thursday (with possible line changes).

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
On the Rangers side of things:

According to Andrew Gross, John Tortorella provided no update on Dan Girardi after Girardi was a late scratch last night.

Katie Strang says that it is not known if Girardi will be available against the Islanders tomorrow.
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-players/dan-girardi/buzz-no-update-on-dan-girardi/
Callahan is skating in a regular jersey and not a non-contact jersey according to Andrew Gross.
http://snyrangersblog.com/13/practice/practice-ryan-callahan-skatingdan-girardi-isnt/

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
Huge game tomorrow, I'd have to imagine if they can go into MSG and get the W, then it could propel another little streak of theirs, with some of the most winnable games in the conference coming up versus Buffalo and Carolina.

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
good news is that Saturday will be our official full roster and it will be much improved. Hopefully we can sneak in a victory against the Rags before these guys come in

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
This kid in my class in college just told me he's a huge isles fan he said the following "Okposo is ill, by far the best islander"
"dipi should start over Nabby, DP never gets a chance"
"Isles have an awful prospect pool"
"Tavares isn't as good as everyone says"
I just put my head back down in my notes haha but yeah tomorrow is a must win game

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
This kid in my class in college just told me he's a huge isles fan he said the following "Okposo is ill, by far the best islander"
I just put my head back down in my notes haha but yeah tomorrow is a must win game

That dude actually applied to a college and... ya know... got in? :amazed:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Tell him that he actually needs to watch the games in order to consider himself a huge fan. EA Sports doesn't count.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I made a bet with one of my students. If the Rangers win I need to teach class with a Rangers hat on. If the Isles win he needs to wear an Islander jersey for the period.

Please for the love of science win this game!

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Islanders will lose this game. Trots is a better coach than Capuano and will spark his guys more so than Capuano will his. Then, Islanders fans will turn around and blame it on running into another hot goaltender.

I would love to see the Islanders win this game more so than anything. However, I just do not see what can be the spark plug for this club right now.

Tavares looks to me like he thinks he is still in Switzerland and the secondary scoring is fizzling beyond Grabner.

SouthShore91

Jan 19, 2012
Bay Shore, NY

Run in the other direction

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I made a bet with one of my students. If the Rangers win I need to teach class with a Rangers hat on. If the Isles win he needs to wear an Islander jersey for the period.

Please for the love of science win this game!

My students see the Islanders stuff all over my office. If the Rag$ win they know I'll be in a bad mood
and give them extra homework. Talk about an incentive to root for the Islanders.

KyleBailey12

Jul 3, 2010
New York

I have a friend in one of my classes that thought Rob Hisey was going to be the next big thing. I told him he's crazy and youtube doesn't count, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. :laugh:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
High school science teacher for 36 years is my main job.

Hey I'm a high school science teacher too! But this is my 1st year, not 36th haha.

I made an Islanders related question the bonus on a physics quiz I gave Friday. :yo:

I do Earth Science and one section of Physics.

IslesBeBack*

Im not too optimistic but the Isles should be able to find a good compete level. If talent takes over, than we are screwed lol

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Hey I'm a high school science teacher too! But this is my 1st year, not 36th haha.

I made an Islanders related question the bonus on a physics quiz I gave Friday. :yo:

I do Earth Science and one section of Physics.

I'm also Earth Science (I'm a geologist and a big volcano fanatic), chemistry. Hope you
enjoy teaching as much as I have, no plans to retire anytime soon, it keeps me young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad