Pre-Game Talk: Islanders vs Jets - Mar 4 7:00pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
This is one of those 'must win' games the Jets need to win. Our 'old' Jets under Noel would likely lose this game, let's see what these Jets do. Time to take care of business and grab those 2 points.

JustJets

Mar 2, 2014
MTS Centre
These three games before the trade deadline were so huge. If the Jets had ended up 0-3 or 1-2, I think all the UFA's are gone. Instead we win the first two (and should win the third), and now we're buyers at the deadline!

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
These three games before the trade deadline were so huge. If the Jets had ended up 0-3 or 1-2, I think all the UFA's are gone. Instead we win the first two (and should win the third), and now we're buyers at the deadline!

Welcome!

I'd rather us be neither, as per usual. We'll move expiring assets if the price is right, and acquire them for mid picks if they will be able to help out for the next few years.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Did I hear Hamonic is suspended?

NM - Just looked it up. He was suspended one game but it's today's game. He'll return on Tuesday against us.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Do you guys mind if i come in and cheer for you?

Go Jets Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Do you guys mind if i come in and cheer for you?

Go Jets Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of room on the Jets bandwagon so the more the merrier and welcome aboard. why have you chosen the early adopter path if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Symptom: sore elbow. Diagnosis: flu.

Where are the Jets getting their doctors?

m.

Dr%2BNick.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thank you John " Tortellini " for NOT playing Luongo against the Sens!

Thank you Ken [mod] for playing newly acquired goalie Miller against the lowly Coyotes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lots of room on the Jets bandwagon so the more the merrier and welcome aboard. why have have you chosen the early adopter path if you don't mind me asking?

Because i would love too see the jets in the playoffs. The atmosphere at the mts centre would just be amazing imo. The jets also deserve to be in the playoffs way more then the Canucks do.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Because i would love too see the jets in the playoffs. The atmosphere at the mts centre would just be amazing imo. The jets also deserve to be in the playoffs way more then the Canucks do.

Dallas is the scariest team for us in this battle.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Dallas is the scariest team for us in this battle.

I think so, too. I think Vancouver is too "messed up" right now to make a real push and stretch out a winning streak or a 15-5 record over the last 20 games. Coyotes are not good lately as well. Dallas though played just as good as us over the last 10 games and they have been doing it way more constant than us over the season. Also, they are close to finally get Robidas back. I wouldn't be surprised if this will be a two team battle only in 10 games between Dallas and us and then, the 2 games against them will decide which team will make it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea on the plus side for Dallas I think the Olympic experience will have had a great impact on Benn as a leader and player. He is at the perfect age to be surrounded by the best of the best for a few weeks and being part of a gold medal team with that cast can really impact a young man. The downside for Dallas is their key talent is very young and like someone said their D core is just ok but if I had to put down money this morning it would be between Dallas and Winnipeg at this point. There two game's in hand gives them a pretty big edge but we are playing well and have picked up where we left off before the break so we’ll see.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
Got some help tonight, Canucks and Coyotes both lost. Good news.

WOO! and VAN's loss moved us up a spot in the standings on an off day! WOO, one spot outta the wildcard.

(Side note, over 20% chance on sportsclubstats too now, 92 points is over 60% chance of being in at the moment).

EDIT to add:

100 vCash on the Sabres tonight

GO :sabres GO!

Last edited:

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
WOO! and VAN's loss moved us up a spot in the standings on an off day! WOO, one spot outta the wildcard.

(Side note, over 20% chance on sportsclubstats too now, 62 points is over 60% chance of being in at the moment).

EDIT to add:

100 vCash on the Sabres tonight

GO :sabres GO!

so we're guaranteed a spot already! :sarcasm:

maybe it's 92 points. I can believe that.

Only Jokinen

Feb 4, 2013
soooo it seems like montoya always starts games against the isles, at least under noel he did. I'd keep riddng Ondrej Pavqvist for now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad