Proposal: Islanders--Vancouver

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I’d rather just keep Miller if no 1st or prospect is coming back. Pulock is a fine player, but he doesn’t move the needle for us.

The isles dont make this trade, but how does a top pairing right handed 27 year old defenseman signed to a team friendly long term contract not move the needle?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The isles dont make this trade, but how does a top pairing right handed 27 year old defenseman signed to a team friendly long term contract not move the needle?
For the same reason people fear Millers new contract, or that we got OEL for table scraps and a first with Garland, or Burns got spare parts despite is inarguable on ice value. The length of the contract makes it more likely that the last years of the contract will be untenable.

Edit: I should mention I don't necessarily subscribe to this view point, but I understand it. I think.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Because swapping the team's best forward for Pulock doesn't make this a better team and I would want no part of adding Pulock's 8 year contract in that situation. The whole idea behind moving Miller is to get younger and create cap flexibility.

Nov 1, 2011
Why are you trying to slip Poolman and his too much term into the deal? Keep him.

Miller with extension? Miller with one year for Pulock and a 2023 1st (unprotected nonetheless) is laughable. Unless he comes with an extension or it’s a trade and sign type of deal the Islanders aren’t touching it. You’re basically asking for a top pairing RHD AND a 1st in a deep draft for a rental and a 2nd. Reverse the picks.

The Isales can talk to Miller before the trade about an extension, why would you assume otherwise? Doesn't hurt the Canucks.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Why are you trying to slip Poolman and his too much term into the deal? Keep him.
Well the deal has to work for everyone.........

I believe Miller's value is slight more than Pulocks

So, I would go with a Miller for Pulock and a 2nd

We can find another team to take Hoglander and Poolman

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't think the Islanders and Canucks are good trade partners.

Shouldn't the Isles be content with how their top-4 looks going into next season, anyway?
With the acquisition of Romanov, I assume they are content with their defense core.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Well the deal has to work for everyone.........

I believe Miller's value is slight more than Pulocks

So, I would go with a Miller for Pulock and a 2nd

We can find another team to take Hoglander and Poolman
I wouldn’t with Millers current contract status. Like what’s been stated before, not worth trading a proven top pairing RHD for a one year contract who can just walk after the year.

Reactions: EverTheCynic

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
NYI would likely only be trading for JT Miller if he came with an extension...that makes perfect sense to anyone with half a brain.

What would NYI be willing to offer for JT with an extension in place is what needs to be discussed in this thread, in my opinion

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I don't think the Islanders and Canucks are good trade partners.

Shouldn't the Isles be content with how their top-4 looks going into next season, anyway?
We’re going a little stir crazy on the Isles board bc we didn’t get the elite forward to pair with Barzal so now we’re entertaining weird ideas like trading a guy who just signed an extension with a full NTC.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
NYI would likely only be trading for JT Miller if he came with an extension...that makes perfect sense to anyone with half a brain.

What would NYI be willing to offer for JT with an extension in place is what needs to be discussed in this thread, in my opinion
Does it need to be discussed? The opportunity was there at the draft and the Canucks apparently turned it down. It was easier to swallow when we were talking about 2022 first rounders but now we’re talking about 2023 and I don’t think that’s on the table for us.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I wouldn’t with Millers current contract status. Like what’s been stated before, not worth trading a proven top pairing RHD for a one year contract who can just walk after the year.
I know there is a lot going on, but I think I mention in one of my last posts, that the offer was with Miller re-signed......if not that is what I meant.

Nov 1, 2011

It's all relative to a 99 point power forward centre.

The Canucks should just keep Miller and go get a #1 RD with picks and a salary dump.

Could work out, or could be our TML Scott Niedermayer moment.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad