Friedman: Islanders team most likely to make a move for a forward

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Elliotte Friedman just said on the pre-game show for Ottawa-Buffalo that after assigning Matt Barzal back to the WHL, that he believes the Islanders are the team most likely to make a move and that the player they are coveting is a forward.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Elliotte Friedman just said on the pre-game show for Ottawa-Buffalo that after assigning Matt Barzal back to the WHL, that he believes the Islanders are the team most likely to make a move and that the player they are coveting is a forward.

Any specific forward position? Or just a forward?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Steve Bernier come on down.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach that Evander Kane will somehwow be the "answer"

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
They've been linked to JVR's name in the past, I wonder if there is a deal to be made here, not sure what would be going back to the Leafs but they definitely need a defenseman

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Eberle for Hamonic + :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, if the Islanders are looking for a forward to contribute now I would imagine it would have to be centred around a prospect or picks because I don't see how they can afford trading a roster Dman with Pulock and Hamonic injured.

Glad Barzal is going back to junior though. Should give Ethan Bear some offensive help on the T-birds.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Steve Bernier come on down.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach that Evander Kane will somehwow be the "answer"

Would be hilarious to see Kane and Ladd end up on the same team again.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They've been linked to JVR's name in the past, I wonder if there is a deal to be made here, not sure what would be going back to the Leafs but they definitely need a defenseman

Can't see NYI dealing a defenseman right now with Hamonic and Pulock missing extended time.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
What exactly are the Isles dangling in return for a trade? Moving any dmen is robbing peter to pay paul and trading any decent forward for a forward in return seems like shuffling deck chairs on the titanic

So just picks/prospects? Cant imagine that really gets them anything beyond a good rental this year

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What exactly are the Isles dangling in return for a trade? Moving any dmen is robbing peter to pay paul and trading any decent forward for a forward in return seems like shuffling deck chairs on the titanic

So just picks/prospects? Cant imagine that really gets them anything beyond a good rental this year

NYI is pretty high on Adam Pelech so when Hamonic and/Pulock return, maybe they dangle someone like de Haan (I wish Boychuk didn't have a NMC).

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
NYI is pretty high on Adam Pelech so when Hamonic and/Pulock return, maybe they dangle someone like de Haan (I wish Boychuk didn't have a NMC).

I cant imagine de Haan is going to return much that is really going to help NYI at forward.

I dont think any team that is really looking to improve their defense is going at de Haan as an answer. The only teams I could see looking to acquire someone like de Haan would be a contender looking to solidify a cup winning third pair, and if that were the case, they likely arent sending any kind of impact forward in return for him

Point Im making is I just dont see what NYI really has to get a good contributing forward without creating an issue elsewhere

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
They could pluck Leivo off waivers potentially in a few days if they want to try to address it on the cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad