Speculation: Islanders ramping up search for a top four D?

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Ho-Sang was playing at a .55 ppg pace getting 3rd line minutes. He's got to work a little on his giveaways, it's not like he fell off the face of the earth. Of Barzal wasn't lighting the world on fire, he would probably be getting 1st unit PP time and still be looked at as untouchable as he was when he first came up last season. Fans are fickle

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Ho sang+ Pulock+Flames 1st back for Brodie?
yuck Pulock alone has been better than brodie this year

id rather wait for boychuck, no use getting held up for somebody not appreciably better than what we have.

and that calgary pick is going Nowhere. Gulutzan their coach is horrible and is in the process of losing the team, theres a chance they may crash and burn. Treliving is just sitting there letting it happen. its unbelievable

theyd be in way worse shape if bennett and Jankowski werent playing so great so far. but Gulutzan is horrible and players are very upset

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Last edited:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Green isn't the ideal defender for what the Isles need, but he's better defensively than half our defenders right now and easily more trustworthy than anyone below Calvin de Haan.

Feb 24, 2017
My mind immediately thought of what a trainwreck that pair would be.

Life as an Islanders fan.
Yeah. Sure sucks to have a successful first overall superstar in Tavares, luck into rookie of the year candidate barzal, found money in Lee, a beautiful new arena coming that saves the franchise, etc.

Poor, poor, pitiful me indeed.

Reactions: seafoam

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yeah. Sure sucks to have a successful first overall superstar in Tavares, luck into rookie of the year candidate barzal, found money in Lee, a beautiful new arena coming that saves the franchise, etc.

Poor, poor, pitiful me indeed.

I am referencing how the Islanders' coaching of old and new don't have common sense when it comes to making defensive pairings/line changes.

Reactions: WangMustGo

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Green for CGY's first. Or NYI's first and a conditional 2nd if he re-signs.
Not interested in moving Calgary's 1st
And I would be surprised if the isles met Green"s contract demands. They refused to pay De Haan ( a solid #3D), the $5m he is rumored to have asked for on a multi year extension

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Paul Martin is your guy. The Sharks have 8 NHL D and Martin is an even-strength defensive guy. With the way Ryan has played while Martin is out, the Sharks can move Martin easily. 1 more year left after this.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Paul Martin is your guy. The Sharks have 8 NHL D and Martin is an even-strength defensive guy. With the way Ryan has played while Martin is out, the Sharks can move Martin easily. 1 more year left after this.
hes not bad, i guess it would depend on the price and if he still can skate, like him way better than Green at least, but not at the cost of a 1st

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Maybe not, but who's to say the type of defenseman you need is available.

We need somebody who is a bit better in their own end, we have enough offense. Green to me is perfect for a team looking to spice up their PP.

Somebody below mentioned Paul martin, that might make a better fit, he could be had for much cheaper and actually addresses a need

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
when martin left jersey as a free agent, garth offered him more money and term than pittsburgh did and he signed with pittsburgh. garth holds grudges......so i would be very surprised if martin landed on long island.

i also dont see how a defenseman who is a -4 in three games is going to help the islanders.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
when martin left jersey as a free agent, garth offered him more money and term than pittsburgh did and he signed with pittsburgh. garth holds grudges......so i would be very surprised if martin landed on long island.

i also dont see how a defenseman who is a -4 in three games is going to help the islanders.
Garth also went back to Vanek on July 1st with a 3 yr offer,after Vanek had earlier rejected Snow's long term offer.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Tavares for Karlson
Nah. Plenty of credible sources have discussed Tavares loyalty to the nyi, his friendships with teammates and coaches.
I still have hope of seeing the isles extend Tavares. I am not knocking Karlsson, but from his comments, I expect he will go to the highest bidder as a ufa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad