Proposal: islanders possible switch with calgary picks for duchene?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Islander fans get on Nelson because he doesn't play a heavy game. If he were 2" shorter and still scored 20-25g a season, they wouldn't say bunk about him.

And if snow just took Scheifele instead if Strome and Forsberg instead of Reinhart there would be no issues with Tavares staying.

If, if, if...

Pound for pound, Brock Nelson might be the softest player in the NHL. Isles fans have every right to get on him and would if he was shorter because his effort is very questionable.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
theres no way that garth would start a rebuild with a 26 year old superstar in john tavares waiting for an extension. with that said i think the islanders will try to swap those picks for duchene. thoughts?

Be careful what you wish for. I don't think Duchene is the answer for either lower NY team.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
And if snow just took Scheifele instead if Strome and Forsberg instead of Reinhart there would be no issues with Tavares staying.

If, if, if...

Pound for pound, Brock Nelson might be the softest player in the NHL. Isles fans have every right to get on him and would if he was shorter because his effort is very questionable.

Those same people would love to have Cam Atkinson though, right? Before last season, they are virtually the same player production wise. Islander fans just love to ***** and moan about everything. Bunch of marys

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
Bailey found his niche on the first unit as a wing. He is pretty ineffective as a center.

Nelson... oh lordy, the stats say one thing but then you watch him play and realize he doesn't do much else worthwhile than score. Forget an edge. This guy will probably run and hide from Eberle.

Because Toews and Wotherspoon won't see the NHL next year. Mayfield for as much as I love the guy, is a 3rd pair ceiling. Pulock is on the very slow road to staying in the NHL. So ok, in 4 years sure, but what about next October when Tavares is staring at you wondering why you let the defense lose a top 4 guy and you didn't fill that with a top 4 guy? Pelech is actually the best defensive defenseman in the group you mentioned as of today. That will change eventually, but eventually isn't helping you in 2017-18.

Bailey did but the question is do the keep him with Tavares? or do they slot Eberle there? Bails has good playmaking ability and I dont think it would be a bad idea to give him a go at C again.

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
Those same people would love to have Cam Atkinsqon though, right? Before last season, they are virtually the same player production wise. Islander fans just love to ***** and moan about everything. Bunch of marys

Nothing wrong with Brock, hes got a good shot and knows how to use it. But he does have the tools to be a physical force, if he was able to use his size to his advantage a la Anders Lee, he would be right around the 30 goal mark every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad