Islanders Malkin selling 10% of stake for $1.75B valuation

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Not to get into any of the politics of it, but I wonder how much this team would be worth now if the Lighthouse Project.

Every time this team sells and changes arena, it’s like it doubles in value. If that project went through like 10 or so years ago, I wonder how different the franchise would’ve ended up.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Not to get into any of the politics of it, but I wonder how much this team would be worth now if the Lighthouse Project.

Every time this team sells and changes arena, it’s like it doubles in value. If that project went through like 10 or so years ago, I wonder how different the franchise would’ve ended up.

The proposal was comically infeasible. A skyscraper in the middle of the suburbs.

Reactions: Kane One

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
FYI Sportico valued the Islanders at 1.13 billion, 600 million difference. So they are even way more off than the same 10%, 200 million value difference for the Habs.
I guess Sportico had their numbers already done before the TB sale of 40% which was at a valuation of $1.4 billion. NYI in the UBS Arena/Center now, so that increased their value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad