Rumor: Islanders looking to trade players

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
1. Islanders do not have cap issues, so don't think you're going to get free picks.
2. Trotz loves LOVES Komarov. I'd be surprised if he's moved.
3. MDC made the team out of camp last season, he's been replaced by Parise
4. Johnston is a serviceable 4th liner, people think he can only fight because he's really good at it.
5. Clutterbuck is probably going to get signed to the same deal as Martin in the offseason for less years (1.5m).

Panik had a really good camp for someone who might need a bottom six winger. Bellows is right on the cusp of breaking out, but hasn't done it yet with no guarantee he will. These are the two players most likely to garner trade interest.
So sounds like your waiving Bellows

Reactions: Olliemets

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Johnston is basically a winger who is a heavy weight when it comes to fighting who can play decent enough to be a 13th forward. He's basically the guy you insert in the roster in games you play against Tom Wilson

I wonder if the Oilers and Islanders could make a move work? Are the Islanders in the market for young defence for a forward type trade?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I wonder if the Oilers and Islanders could make a move work? Are the Islanders in the market for young defence for a forward type trade?
They are probably not looking for roster players at all. They have a surplus of players so picks and prospects or a 2-for1 would work.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
They are probably not looking for roster players at all. They have a surplus of players so picks and prospects or a 2-for1 would work.

Thanks- I could see the Oilers making a call. With kassian sidelined and the thought of playing in a very physical division, we don’t have anyone to keep other players in check. Makes a lot of sense IMO.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Don’t forget Motte also coming back. The one player I’m not counting on is Sutter. I don’t think he ever plays again.
I'm not forgetting. Not having Motte to start the season is one of the main reasons we need another winger.

Reactions: Nucker42

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
If I am reading this tweet right...it sounds like Lou can't guarantee ice-time for some players like Bellows and Aho, so he might want to be packaging them up. Probably a 2nd and a 3rd? I can't imagine getting anymore for them...Maybe if either played more games...we could get something more.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
What would be the asking price for Bellows?

No idea. 2nd? 3rd? He's got a great shot, isn't afraid of using it and could probably be a 20-25g scoring forward. Not good defensively.

He's absolutely no threat to Lee, Beauvillier, Parise or Martin on LW and needs waivers to be sent down...so 4th? 5th?

Sticking with "no idea".
I’m sticking with no idea too.

selfishly I want the isles to find a way to keep him but role wise it’s top 6 or bust. Ideally he goes to another team for opportunity but I hope we keep him and if there is an injury he’s there for us

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I’m sticking with no idea too.

selfishly I want the isles to find a way to keep him but role wise it’s top 6 or bust. Ideally he goes to another team for opportunity but I hope we keep him and if there is an injury he’s there for us

parise and palmieri get banged up to varying degrees and miss some chunks of time here and there so I think depth will be tested this year .

I didnt want Bellows to be gifted a lineup spot at 3rd line lw but signing Parise pretty much tells Kieffer what Lou thinks of him

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
No idea. 2nd? 3rd? He's got a great shot, isn't afraid of using it and could probably be a 20-25g scoring forward. Not good defensively.

He's absolutely no threat to Lee, Beauvillier, Parise or Martin on LW and needs waivers to be sent down...so 4th? 5th?

Sticking with "no idea".

Well let's meet in the middle then between 3rd and 5th and make it a 4th rounder?
I also have no idea since there is nothing to attest to.

Pure gambling move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad