GDT: Islanders @ Leafs - Monday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Islanders always seem to come out hard and physical against us. Hopefully the boys are up for the challenge and if it’s Murray in net, hopefully he has a strong bounce back game!

Reactions: horner

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm guessing Murray gets the net tonight?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Beginning tonight, this 5 game home stand has potential for some decent games. NYI NYR WASH all battling for playoff spots andthey owe Bos.

Reactions: PromisedLand

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
oh wow there is a game today. I thought they would do the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday stretch

I guess we are playing 4 games this week
Indeed, every other night through Sunday. Sunday is an early start.

Also, glad to see Samsonov as the starter. He has played well... this might be more of a help for Murray to get his shit together (by working with the coaches).

Reactions: PromisedLand

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Indeed, every other night through Sunday. Sunday is an early start.

Also, glad to see Samsonov as the starter. He has played well... this might be more of a help for Murray to get his shit together (by working with the coaches).
No Saturday game this week but they play Sunday opposite the Championship games :thumbd:

Schedule maker needs a kick in the nuts.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
No Saturday game this week but they play Sunday opposite the Championship games :thumbd:

Schedule maker needs a kick in the nuts.
Right!? Of all weeks to play on Sunday and not Saturday... Zero *SATURDAY* home games for the Leafs in January just seems strange to me man (even for someone who doesn't live in Toronto).

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I think you want to ride the hot hand but I think I'd be careful about not giving too many to Samsonov before the break as well. Murray shouldn't go cold into the break. He's also responded well after bad starts. He performed very well after the Kraken game vs. Philly and Nashville. Then he had the brutal Florida game and hasn't had a chance to redeem himself.

I know the team needs to do whatever it takes to be in the best to position to win. And they want to establish a playoff starter. But unless that decision has been made based off two poor games from Murray, I don't think we are quite there yet. Samsonov could crap the bed tonight and Murray could run hot into the all-star break and over the break we'd be talking about how Murray is once again the guy! Kinda wild around here with that sometimes.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think you want to ride the hot hand but I think I'd be careful about not giving too many to Samsonov before the break as well. Murray shouldn't go cold into the break. He's also responded well after bad starts. He performed very well after the Kraken game vs. Philly and Nashville. Then he had the brutal Florida game and hasn't had a chance to redeem himself.

I know the team needs to do whatever it takes to be in the best to position to win. And they want to establish a playoff starter. But unless that decision has been made based off two poor games from Murray, I don't think we are quite there yet. Samsonov could crap the bed tonight and Murray could run hot into the all-star break and over the break we'd be talking about how Murray is once again the guy! Kinda wild around here with that sometimes.

I agree with Keefe's mentality. As you say, let's see how it plays out.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Right!? Of all weeks to play on Sunday and not Saturday... Zero home games for the Leafs in January just seems strange to me man (even for someone who doesn't live in Toronto).
Thankfully I don't have tickets to that one.

• Haha
Reactions: wingman75

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Problem with Samsonov "earning it" is that when Murray earned it while back, they still went back to samsonov instead of ride the hot hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce