New York Islanders: Islanders Launch New E-Sports Brand

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I guess someone finally explained to Lou the magic of these moving pictures and the interwebs

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
As someone who has known a couple of guys on this team for the last decade+ in some capacity, theres definitely a couple good ones here. There is also one that has had a few "heated gamer moments" during that time frame hopefully that's cleaned up.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
I have No issues with E Sports. However this is really dumb

I think the concept is to build some kind of relationship or rapport with the next generation of fans... a lot of whom are playing fantasy sports and attaching their fandom to individual players rather than teams..

I believe this is an attempt to connect with them..

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not directly analogous to E Sports, but they're starting to tinker with driver-less auto racing. Basically full-sized, remote control electronic race cars. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between this and slot car racing, and why anyone would ever want to watch?

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Not directly analogous to E Sports, but they're starting to tinker with driver-less auto racing. Basically full-sized, remote control electronic race cars. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between this and slot car racing, and why anyone would ever want to watch?
Slot car racing is on a fixe track no ?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Slot car racing is on a fixe track no ?
Sure, but it's still remote controlled. It's the difference between playing hockey and manipulating remote controlled hockey players. I'm sure it's fun to do it, but to watch it??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad