akdhft.jpg
23kqm4i.jpg
flashing-red-siren.gif

Injuries as pictured:
Hamonic - Visnovsky - de Haan

de Haan - Not sure

Visnovsky - Out indefinitely

Hamonic - Lower body

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to keep this updated as best as possible. If you hear news of an injury please post it and I will update the main post

Last edited:

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Islanders Injuries Part II: (Latest: Grabo to IR, the Mallrat called up)

Injuries Part I: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1757411

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...147?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

There isn't much good news in the immediate future for the Islanders and their injury woes among their forwards. But the longer-term forecast is a little less gloomy.

Kyle Okposo (eye surgery) is only in week five of his six-to-eight-week absence. Mikhail Grabovski (suspected concussion) is out indefinitely. Casey Cizikas (lower body) is out at least through Tuesday night's game against the Coyotes.

Frans Nielsen will be a game-day decision Tuesday after suffering a left leg injury that caused him to miss the last few minutes of the second period Sunday. Nielsen returned to play the third period and walked without a limp Monday, when the Islanders gathered for off-ice meetings rather than practice during their stretch of six games in nine days.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If Fransy's out tonight, I guess Strome centers the 3rd line....but who plays in Nielsen's place? Do we even have a 13th forward these days? Zalphabet?

I'm surprised he came out for the 3rd. When he left the ice he was not putting any weight on his leg. Its probably stiffened up a bit since SUnday.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
If Fransy's out tonight, I guess Strome centers the 3rd line....but who plays in Nielsen's place? Do we even have a 13th forward these days? Zalphabet?

I'm surprised he came out for the 3rd. When he left the ice he was not putting any weight on his leg. Its probably stiffened up a bit since SUnday.

Kulemin was used as a center in the third for a bit. As they haven't called anyone up they'd probably use 7 d. but I'd personally go with kuli on the 4th and call to zolnierczyk

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
Does anyone know Boulton's status? He would have been of use over the weekend against Tom Wilson, Dorsett and Kassian. It's not fair that Matty Marts and Hammer have to do so much of the dirty work.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Does anyone know Boulton's status? He would have been of use over the weekend against Tom Wilson, Dorsett and Kassian. It's not fair that Matty Marts and Hammer have to do so much of the dirty work.

My guess is that he's fine but being stashed for the roster spot. My initial thought was in line with yours. The only problem was that they were down 2 centers so they needed Mallrat, not just a winger.

Otherwise it would have been perfect. You know he'd get into a fight. So have him fight and make sure he shakes his hand on the way to the box, have him put some ice on it and then he could have been re-IR'd with an "Upper Body Injury".

Tom Wilson is a tough young hombre who pretty much drops the gloves with anyone. But it would have been interesting to see how he would match up with Boulton - a completely different class of fighter than Martin. Wilson's gone with Halmo, Lee and Martin. I wonder if he would have been as keen to go at it with Boulton - 17 years his senior but with a chin of granite.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
A good sign for Okposo tweeted out from today's morning skate:

Arthur Staple retweeted
Laura Albanese ‏@AlbaneseLaura 3m3 minutes ago
Didn't spy Nielsen on ice but it's a fairly light turn out. I DID spy Kyle Okposo playing solid hackey-sack w/ a soccer ball in the hall.

Maybe not as good of a sign for Nielsen, though...

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

doesnt mean imminent, but ya gotta figure his eye is mostly healed up if theyre allowing him to do anything with balls flying around (insert joke here) ;)

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013

I wouldn't read too much into the non-mandatory morning skates.

Unfortunately, I also wouldn't read too much into any physical activity from Okposo until he's actually skating.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I wouldn't read too much into the non-mandatory morning skates.

Unfortunately, I also wouldn't read too much into any physical activity from Okposo until he's actually skating.

Yeah, and even when he starts skating, it could be a while before he is cleared for contact.

Having my son's birthday party at the 3/28 Ducks game. I've got that as the over/under in my head for KO.

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
She tweeted back saying that Nielsen skated before the media got there and that he felt great. Ill try and find the tweet.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Okie has an eye thing. Him playing soccer means nothing he needs to be cleared for contact.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Cizikas yet. I'm not sure why I assumed it was only a week or so injury, but I had it in my head he'd be back quickly. For all we know, he's out for the year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pretty sad for Sundstrom and Collberg (well he's been hurt) that Capuano and the Isles would rather run 11 forwards and 7 defensemen.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Cizikas yet. I'm not sure why I assumed it was only a week or so injury, but I had it in my head he'd be back quickly. For all we know, he's out for the year.

I remember something recently that he was in a walking boot, but nothing after that. I think that was last week. Anyone else know the status of Cizikas?

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
I did see something on Rotoworld, that cited Newsday, that CC could possibly be back tonight but now we now he isnt.

Maybe Cappy wants him rested before the four game road swing.

BroadwayJay*

Okie has an eye thing. Him playing soccer means nothing he needs to be cleared for contact.

Well, once cleared for contact he'll play. That should be noted as well.

This isn't a "get cleared for contact and warm up to playing" injury like a hurt shoulder might be.

At least that is my understanding.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Pretty sad for Sundstrom and Collberg (well he's been hurt) that Capuano and the Isles would rather run 11 forwards and 7 defensemen.

Did something come out that says we're going with 11 forwards tonight? Haven't seen that if so.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Did something come out that says we're going with 11 forwards tonight? Haven't seen that if so.

Nope, not talking about tonight.

There's a tweet embedded in the OP from not too long ago that mentioned the possibility of that.

Maybe they were out of roster spaces, I don't exactly remember the situation, but even Mallrat was called up over Sundstrom. I thought he'd be a viable fourth line guy by now.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You probably don't want your body shaking around(like after you get hit or fall on the ice) after surgery

I think that's the issue, and not direct contact to the eye. I imagine whatever corrective procedure that was done could be jarred loose if he was hit too hard and had a whiplash-like affect to his head.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I think that's the issue, and not direct contact to the eye. I imagine whatever corrective procedure that was done could be jarred loose if he was hit too hard and had a whiplash-like affect to his head.

like from playing hockey... this is was a rough injury for one of our stars to take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad