McKenzie: Islanders favorite for Panarin (mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Either way It very well could be a front loaded contract that gets it done. Besides you're forgetting just how much comes off the books in 2 years for the New York Rangers.
It doesn't matter. Rumors were we topped out at a certain number. If another team offers more, Panarin isn't taking a discount.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
CBJ offered the most money and term last night too. I'm still thinking he wants Florida and using NYI for leverage
It's been down to the Rangers and Islanders for a solid 15 hours now, He wants to play for NYR but hard to turn down the 13 from NYI. He will settle for slightly less to pay for NYR. Florida is also about to sign Stralman and Connolly. So they've been out for some time now.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
It's been down to the Rangers and Islanders for a solid 15 hours now, He wants to play for NYR but hard to turn down the 13 from NYI. He will settle for slightly less to pay for NYR. Florida is also about to sign Stralman and Connolly. So they've been out for some time now.

If they got Panarin they'd move Hoffman to offset some cost and perhaps find more D help

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
That's a nice pick up for NYI. If it's 13M that's pricey, but they're getting a top line player for nothing but cap.

What is NYI's cap situation otherwise?

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Well like I said they are about to sign Anton Stralman which is rather interesting as it does help the blue line a bit. The Panthers backed way off once it was made clear that Panarin wanted over $12M

Our rumours are likely our back up plans if we lose the bidding war. Our ownership knew all along that Panarin and Bob would be in excess of 20m, there’s no way we backed down until at least the 13m the Isles offer, but even then it isn’t that bad with FLA taxes.

Granted I want no part of that contract at that much money, and that much term.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That's a nice pick up for NYI. If it's 13M that's pricey, but they're getting a top line player for nothing but cap.

What is NYI's cap situation otherwise?

20M need to sign a Goalie, Beauvillier(who would be 12th forward) and Any UFAs

I would argue they need to also sign a 3rd line center. If they really need the capspace they could trade Leddy(5.5M)

Reactions: Jmo89

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Our rumours are likely our back up plans if we lose the bidding war. Our ownership knew all along that Panarin and Bob would be in excess of 20m, there’s no way we backed down until at least the 13m the Isles offer, but even then it isn’t that bad with FLA taxes.

Granted I want no part of that contract at that much money, and that much term.
Yeah I understand your point here................................Bobrovsky $10.5x7 , Connolly $3.5x4, Stralman $5.5x5................................................cap it and weep

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
I think this is the likeliest scenario.

Reactions: AirGut

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Yeah I understand your point here................................Bobrovsky $10.5x7 , Connolly $3.5x4, Stralman $5.5x5................................................cap it and weep
barkov 5.9, huberdeau 5.9, trocheck 4.75, all until 2023. we can talk about the crunch in 2022

Reactions: AirGut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad