GDT: Islanders @ Devils - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm ready for the pain to end. Would be nice to beat them though and possibly hurt their playoff chances.

Also nothing says fan appreciation night like not having enough bobbleheads for everyone in attendance. We only appreciate you if you can get here early enough before we run out of them. Nice job by our clowns in the front office on that side of things. They sure as shit could have afforded it after the ticket prices increased after last season and this season.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm ready for the pain to end. Would be nice to beat them though and possibly hurt their playoff chances.

Also nothing says fan appreciation night like not having enough bobbleheads for everyone in attendance. We only appreciate you if you can get here early enough before we run out of them. Nice job by our clowns in the front office on that side of things. They sure as shit could have afforded it after the ticket prices increased after last season and this season.

I’ve always wondered how true that number is, because they always seem to end up digging some extras out of nowhere years down the line as spare items.

Years ago, I went to a free Bryce Salvador signing at an Xfinity Store in Woodbridge. A rep for the team was there and thanked my buddy and I for supporting the team. They gave us two free items, a David Puddy bobblehead and Patty retirement banner. I was stunned since I thought they were limited items and I had missed out. :laugh: Hell, people were selling those Puddy bobbleheads for like $150 on eBay.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I’ve always wondered how true that number is, because they always seem to end up digging some extras out of nowhere years down the line as spare items.

Years ago, I went to a free Bryce Salvador signing at an Xfinity Store in Woodbridge. A rep for the team was there and thanked my buddy and I for supporting the team. They gave us two free items, a David Puddy bobblehead and Patty retirement banner. I was stunned since I thought they were limited items and I had missed out. :laugh: Hell, people were selling those Puddy bobbleheads for like $150 on eBay.

That's because they always put some aside for the member rewards/guaranteed giveaways/extras but if you show up 30 mins prior to the game you're most likely not getting one, especially for bobbleheads which people go nuts for lol

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That's because they always put some aside for the member rewards/guaranteed giveaways/extras but if you show up 30 mins prior to the game you're most likely not getting one, especially for bobbleheads which people go nuts for lol

Yeah, I've learned long ago to just try and get there as early as I can if I'm going on a bobble head night that I really want. I've luckily never gotten there late enough to miss one, but I'm with you that it can't be hard for teams to just make them available for every attendee.

Then of course you'll have some Islander fans in the building who will likely take some away from Devils fans.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
1713187588836.jpeg

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Yeah been following this team since the 1989-90 season. Non have left me as bitterly disappointed as this one. The years following the 95' cup until 2000 always ended in terrible heartbreak but, the team always showed up at least. Too many il prepared sloppy no show performances or shit goaltending letdowns where points were left on the table and the inability to make the playoffs in this snail race of mediocrity just make me sick. They win they piss me off because you see the potential. They lose they actually piss me off less but, ultimately it's been a lose lose waste of a season. I'll tune in tonight still. Be nice to win one at home for what was an awesome year of fan support! Nobody could make fun of our fanbase for the amount of empty seats. Not for even one game at home. Hopefully fans come back next season and I expect Fitz and the leadership on this team to figure things out and come put with a vengeance next season. The talent is there. As a hockey fan I want a Rags Fishsticks series. We can help that happen tonight. LFGD!

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Wonder how full it will be and what % will be Islander fans.
Ticket prices on StubHub/Ticketmaster are surprisingly pricy for tonight's game, so should be a full house. Islanders could clinch and I'm not sure if you could even pay me to watch this team right now, so think they'll have a good presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad