Proposal: Islanders/Canucks

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I really don't want to trade hosang, the 4th line (assuming that's where Ladd plays next season) is so expensive that young players with low salaries are ridiculously valuable to the isles

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Just looking back at what the Isles got for Hamonic that is pretty impressive.

I think Tanev is a very comparable player. I would say when he's playing he's slightly more effective but he is injury prone and a bit older.

That said I'm hoping for a pick from 10-20 for him

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Tanev for 12th OA + Josh Ho-sang. The Islanders desperately need a defensemen who can defines well. Canucks get a good prospect who might need a change of scenery and a mid first to deepen their prospect pool.
Just curious, but has Tanev to LI become the new Ryder,Halak +2nd?

Reactions: PWJunior

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Just looking back at what the Isles got for Hamonic that is pretty impressive.

I think Tanev is a very comparable player. I would say when he's playing he's slightly more effective but he is injury prone and a bit older.

That said I'm hoping for a pick from 10-20 for him
isles should have no interest in trading 11OV or 12OV for Tanev's 60 gamesm

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Tanev for 12th OA + Josh Ho-sang. The Islanders desperately need a defensemen who can defines well. Canucks get a good prospect who might need a change of scenery and a mid first to deepen their prospect pool.
No

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
we didn't trade hamonic to get a similar defenseman back with the picks we acquired.

Umm. You traded Hamonic because he asked to be traded. And though they’re both primary defensive Dmen, they play a much different style.

Tanev s bread and butter is his puck retrieval skills. Meaning he makes exceptional reads, gets to pucks quickly and makes smart plays for his team to take and keep posession. This is an extremely valuable asset in the current NHL. He makes his D partner FAR better.

Hamonic doesn’t do this anywhere near as effectively. He plays a far more robust style, and defends with physicality, but he doesn’t hold the attributes of making others better, or reading the ice like Tanev.

Just my 2 cents.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Umm. You traded Hamonic because he asked to be traded. And though they’re both primary defensive Dmen, they play a much different style.

Tanev s bread and butter is his puck retrieval skills. Meaning he makes exceptional reads, gets to pucks quickly and makes smart plays for his team to take and keep posession. This is an extremely valuable asset in the current NHL. He makes his D partner FAR better.

Hamonic doesn’t do this anywhere near as effectively. He plays a far more robust style, and defends with physicality, but he doesn’t hold the attributes of making others better, or reading the ice like Tanev.

Just my 2 cents.
Hamonic has played a minimum of 70 games a season, in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
Tanev has played a minimum of 70 games a season ONCE in his entire nhl career.
He has averaged 60 games a season for the last 4 seasons and if you just take the last 2 seasons it gets uglier: 47 games a season.

I would be pissed giving up a top 12 pick alone, nevermind adding JHS.

Zero interest in Tanev.

Reactions: Ruddy64

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida

Just my 2 cents.
i didnt trade him.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

what-no.gif

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
1st + 2nd for Tanev.
Lol ...and I thought Leaf fans lived in their own little bubble.
Shannon over on Sportsnet apparently thinks Tanev's worth a 2nd tops.

A disappointing prospect like MDC is about as high as I'd go. I have doubts his skating will ever let him be a top 6 forward.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

A disappointing prospect like MDC is about as high as I'd go. I have doubts his skating will ever let him be a top 6 forward.

If Hamonic can fetch a first, a second, and a prospect? Tanev should fetch just a first and a second.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If Hamonic can fetch a first, a second, and a prospect? Tanev should fetch just a first and a second.
Then find a team that is ok ignoring his lengthy injury history and trade him to that team.

I cannot recall even 1 credible source that reported the isles have interest in acquiring Tanev.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

John Shannon is one of the biggest idiots on sportsnet by far....

However, Tanev for 12th OA+4th 2018 is fair, people need to stop undervaluing Tanev and keep saying he'll play only 60 games. I'll bet anyone anything that if he went to a different team other than the canucks, he'd play 75 games minimum unless a freak injury.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
John Shannon is one of the biggest idiots on sportsnet by far....

However, Tanev for 12th OA+4th 2018 is fair, people need to stop undervaluing Tanev and keep saying he'll play only 60 games. I'll bet anyone anything that if he went to a different team other than the canucks, he'd play 75 games minimum unless a freak injury.

Bahaha, true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad