Proposal: Islanders-Buffalo TDL

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
really? he is known for his lack of effort on the defensive side of things, being a selfish, one man show.

if he is so great, then the Sabres can keep him.

I'd love to keep him....depending on contract of course.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
20ish games of evander kane doesnt return dehann and a 2nd

It's also 20ish games of DeHaan as well. Both Kane and DeHaan are UFA at seasons end. For that reason I don't really get the trade from Buffalo's perspective. If they're moving Kane at the deadline they are likely looking for futures which the pick fills, but I don't think getting a rental defenseman will be on their agenda.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
It's also 20ish games of DeHaan as well. Both Kane and DeHaan are UFA at seasons end. For that reason I don't really get the trade from Buffalo's perspective. If they're moving Kane at the deadline they are likely looking for futures which the pick fills, but I don't think getting a rental defenseman will be on their agenda.

why would we be moving de haan anyways? to get worse?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So with Nylander seemingly ready for full time duty in 2018-2019, Buffalo seek to move E. Kane to bolster their already improving D line.

With Tavares set to command at least 9/10 million on deal next deal, the Isles look to help their playoff push with the acquisition of Kane, a fast and hard playing winger capable of 25 goals.

Calvin DeHaan's future is up in the air next year and can possibly be replaced by Pulock or Pelech so my proposal is:

BUFF

DeHaan
2018 2nd

Islanders

E. Kane
2018 7th

How far off is this in fair value?

I think you are a fair ways off . Not that they offer is bad , but with Harmonic traded the NYI really should not be trading another proven NHL D . Then there Kane,s issues of the past . I don't think Snow would last as a GM if Kane started his BS there . And this doesn't even address Kane,s contract status . DeHaan has the same contract status but he is more likely to sign with the team that drafted and developed him . Mr Issues is more likely to pick the team he wants . Kane got one thing going for him , he hasn't been on the wrong side of news stories for a while now so maybe he is maturing

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
really? he is known for his lack of effort on the defensive side of things, being a selfish, one man show.

if he is so great, then the Sabres can keep him.

I'd love to keep him, depending on contract. A guy who scores a ton (especially 5v5, which we lack) and is a great forechecker is always great to have.

We just need defense more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad