Islanders Brand Used in Films/TV Shows - No Hard Feelings

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I caught a review for the new Jennifer Lawrence film "No Hard Feelings" this morning. In the promo
scenes for the movie, there was a actor wearing a Anders Lee blue Islanders jersey. I'm always happy to
see the Islanders logo represented in films and TV shows. It brings a little prestige to the team that's often hard
to come by competing against other New York Sports teams. I recall a scene in 'Wolf of Wall Street" where the Islanders jersey is framed in the background on the main characters office wall. My wife mentioned a scene in one of the Spiderman films with an Islanders jersey (I couldn't recall it). I've never watched "Entourage", but I'll assume there
must have been some Islander references. I believe "King of Queens" has mentioned the Islanders on occasion.

I thought I'd start this thread and see if anyone else can recall any other Islanders references in films or TV show?

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
In Spiderman: No Way Home there’s a framed Islanders jersey on the wall in the scene where they go to Happy’s apartment.

Makes the Islanders the only canon NHL team in the MCU, which is pretty hilarious.

Reactions: JKP and Osakahaus

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Slightly off topic, but my favorite jersey in any movie would be Cameron Frye wearing a Red Wings jersey despite living in the Chicago suburbs in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

The Wings jersey matched that character well because it showed how alienated Cameron was from his surroundings and contrasted him from Ferris--an extroverted, people-pleaser who definitely cheered for the home teams.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
On the Showtime series “Homeland” Mandy Patinkin did a scene during an Islanders game at Barclays Center.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I caught a review for the new Jennifer Lawrence film "No Hard Feelings" this morning. In the promo
scenes for the movie, there was a actor wearing a Anders Lee blue Islanders jersey. I'm always happy to
see the Islanders logo represented in films and TV shows. It brings a little prestige to the team that's often hard
to come by competing against other New York Sports teams. I recall a scene in 'Wolf of Wall Street" where the Islanders jersey is framed in the background on the main characters office wall. My wife mentioned a scene in one of the Spiderman films with an Islanders jersey (I couldn't recall it). I've never watched "Entourage", but I'll assume there
must have been some Islander references. I believe "King of Queens" has mentioned the Islanders on occasion.

I thought I'd start this thread and see if anyone else can recall any other Islanders references in films or TV show?
You will never believe it but the Islanders were in Godfather 3. Andy Garcia brought Bridget Fonda back to his apartment for a romp in the sack . Part of that segment was a back drop into the kitchen . On the fridge was a New York Islanders bumper sticker .Hope you like it…LGI
20966616-A536-4A97-AA1E-0B864E886F47.jpeg

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
There was a pajama boy jersey in 30 Rock. I also vaguely recall seeing a Matt Moulson jersey on some TV show I used to watch? It might've also been 30 Rock?

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
not what the OP is asking but way back the Islanders drafted Todd Okerlund. He is the son of ” Mean” Gene….

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE !!!!!!!!!
468483EC-39B9-4274-B485-44E79CA10A51.jpeg

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Entourage: Kevin Connolly (pizza boy E) is a huge isles fan. Isles logos and shirts all over. l believe he’s there for games sometimes to this day.

Side note: E also drives a Prelude. Which makes this show extra awesome.

Wolf of Wall Street.: framed isles things on Jordan’s walls at work.

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I believe a scene in Kobra Kai, Ralph mentions having to go watch Isles/Devils game. There may be more but I have not watched the whole series.

Reactions: CupHolders

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

I'm still waiting for the Islanders to be this "Team of the Future" as cited in Heavyweights

I looked up when the movie was made (95) and then to get to the roster, for some reason I googled Brad Dalgarno of all players.

Yeah the 95 Isles were definitely not the team of the future. That was during the whole Muller, Clark and to a lesser degree Schneider nonsense of a roster. Also the year we just completely gave up on future all star Martin Straka. Dark times.

Reactions: NYI365

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I never watched the show (other than a few scenes), but I remember reading an article about the writer/s for “Prison Break” being Islander fans. They were quoted as having written in Islander player names.

One scene I did catch included a name of two agents… Wayne “Merrick” and another original Islander who’s name now escapes me.

But I remember catching the name drops and thinking… “huh, what were the chances of that?”

A few months after I found the article. Have not been able to locate it since.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Does no picture of this mythical jacket exist?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad