Islanders (5-6-5) @ Flames(6-8-2) 7pm SNW

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
No more S/O for Huberdeau. He is not your strong minded guy. Forget about practice and Huberdeau winning these, get him off stressful situations and play Pospisil instead.

No more S/O for Huberdeau. He is not your strong minded guy. Forget about practice and Huberdeau winning these, get him off stressful situations and play Pospisil instead.

Another point lost as the coach heavily relied on Huberdeau in crucial decisions. Time to stop with this bullshit. He is a softy.

Reactions: Pomee

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

Another point lost as the coach heavily relied on Huberdeau in crucial decisions. Time to stop with this bullshit. He is a softy.
Yeah Huberdeau hasn't been good in the shootouts. Not sure why he keeps being put in.

That being said, he had a great game today. Set up a few great chances, had a few himself, and was pretty crucial on the Coleman goal.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Funny fact, Calgary meant to be a hockey town, it's Saturday, yet this thread only galvanised 5 pages... think this tells you why no one wants to play here (shitty fact).
It’s because most Flames fans post on a superior forum elsewhere. HF is too full of nonsense on the mains.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
For what's essentially a coin flip we sure don't seem to win them very often.
Andersson and Huberdeau wouldn't have been in my first 3 shooters

Great - Martin Pospisil continues to impress. Beauty goal, drawing penalties, winning puck races, and hitting everything that moved. Zary also another really good game from him. Nice chip out on Posps goal and also had an A where he hung on to the puck on Weegar's. Lots of subtle little plays to keep possessions going and get the puck going the right way. Quality defensively too. Weegar was everywhere tonight.

Good - Kadri continues to play well so that's good. Much prefer this version. Dube skating well. Hanifin was quality. Coleman scored a goal, forechecked well. Liked Sharangovich as well. Huberdeau signs of life. SIGNS OF LIFE!

OK - Tanev, Lindholm, Markstrom were all.. fine I guess. Marky beaten cleanly in the high slot twice but the team was shit in their own zone all night. Andersson some good some bad. awful turnover on the Barzal goal.

Not good - Backlund wasn't terrible or anything but need more from him.

Bad - 3rd pairing, 4th line were junk. Ruz seems lost man. Next in line to sit I think.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It’s because most Flames fans post on a superior forum elsewhere. HF is too full of nonsense on the mains.
Calling Calgary Puck superior, is like calling the Oilers a Cup contender; pure and utter delusion. CP is a f***ing cesspool and echo chamber where a bunch of 50-somethings bicker. A place where new posters are treated like utter garbage because they aren't part of the inner circle, the worst part is the moderation team perpetuates that too and let that inner circle get away with pretty much anything. Even reddit is significantly better than that shit hole

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Calling Calgary Puck superior, is like calling the Oilers a Cup contender; pure and utter delusion. CP is a f***ing cesspool and echo chamber where a bunch of 50-somethings bicker. A place where new posters are treated like utter garbage because they aren't part of the inner circle, the worst part is the moderation team perpetuates that too and let that inner circle get away with pretty much anything. Even reddit is significantly better than that shit hole
Bit harsh, but I don’t disagree with the premise. There’s a reason that place is slowly dying. It has some good insiders and whatnot, but I agree you aren’t going to have a productive discourse there.

Anyways, onto the game itself, I loved Zary and pospisil tonight. I saw my post from 5 years back hoping he could turn out into a Micheal ferland lite sort of player, and so far I think he’s shown the potential ceiling is even higher.

Reactions: flames23

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
During your time travel you mixed up that it was the Islanders that had the 5 and thr Flames had the 4. Also Pops only got 1 goal. Otherwise pretty close @joescores :nod:

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Ill die on the hill that sharangovich should and deserve to play on the top 6, i honestly think hes really good. Id slot him with lindholm and whoever, prob dube Lindholm sharangovich atm, mangi looks lost rn.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Ill die on the hill that sharangovich should and deserve to play on the top 6, i honestly think hes really good. Id slot him with lindholm and whoever, prob dube Lindholm sharangovich atm, mangi looks lost rn.
Honestly, outside of the first few games, I've that Rango has been a fairly solid player for us.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Xmas party already? Wow
Yeah. Was a group of 25. She had to book it in September to even get this date. Seasons in the park at Queen E here in Vancity. Nice spot. Had a phenomenal filet. Me likey steak.

Watched the game highlights on my phone from the restaurant w another fella during some downtime. Disappointed to see the so loss, but always a 90% result once it gets there. Maybe Rango always taking part can change that over time.

Nice to see the fight back all game long.

Last edited:
Reactions: joescores

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I still think Mangi has been fine.

You want to talk about a lost player, how about Dillon Dube. I was high on him a couple years ago, but the man does nothing out there.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

f*** it get real nutty and run Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Lindholm. Yegor is big and fast and shoots good. Has some hands to him. Neither Hubes or Lindy seem like they want to carry the puck at all so why not get it to a guy who tries to make something happen. Huska has been throwing shit at the wall all season and honestly I kind of like it.

That being said if he breaks up Zary-Kadri-Pospisil next week I will find out where he lives and have my dog poop on his lawn.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I think he's been solid and deserves a try out in the top 6

The problem is the Kadri and kids line is by far our best line since it's inception, so don't wanna break that up.

And we finally seem to have found a line combination that has gotten Huberdeau going (for now) and Backlund and Coleman. so don't wanna break that up either.

So we put him in the first line and demote one of Dube and Mangi all the way back to the 4th line? Unless the coach will distribute the TOI more evenly, then im not sure how that would pan out.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I think he's been solid and deserves a try out in the top 6

The problem is the Kadri and kids line is by far our best line since it's inception, so don't wanna break that up.

And we finally seem to have found a line combination that has gotten Huberdeau going (for now) and Backlund and Coleman. so don't wanna break that up either.

So we put him in the first line and demote one of Dube and Mangi all the way back to the 4th line? Unless the coach will distribute the TOI more evenly, then im not sure how that would pan out.
It would be a revolving door of mangi and dube, rn dube is playing better than mangi. Dube took a step since hes healthy scratch.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I still think Mangi has been fine.

You want to talk about a lost player, how about Dillon Dube. I was high on him a couple years ago, but the man does nothing out there.
Since Dube's healthy scratch hes been better than mangi up and down the lineup. Some of the 4th lines best showings was when Dube played there and the Lindholm line had its best game with Dube up there. I was on the trade Dube train before he's healthy scratch, but hes play since has been night and day. Ruz is more lost than either rn and i would not be surprised if he gets scratched for duher next game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
f*** it get real nutty and run Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Lindholm. Yegor is big and fast and shoots good. Has some hands to him. Neither Hubes or Lindy seem like they want to carry the puck at all so why not get it to a guy who tries to make something happen. Huska has been throwing shit at the wall all season and honestly I kind of like it.

That being said if he breaks up Zary-Kadri-Pospisil next week I will find out where he lives and have my dog poop on his lawn.
I'd roll...

Huby - Backlund - Mangiapane
Zary - Kadiri - Pospisil
Coleman - Lindholm - Sharangovich
Ruzicka - Dube - Greer/Duehr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad