Dreger: Islanders 1st round pick to vegas (per source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Folks, maybe the deal is the 1st and a specific, non-impact player. Makes no sense to give up a 1st and lose an impact player like CDH, whereas the original option was only to lose CDH and keep your first.

Let's wait for details before the knee-jerk reactions bashing GM's. They have a pretty good idea what they are doing here, folks..........

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Nope. Not on the list.

One can only hope it's a deal where our 1st goes to Vegas for them to take on Grabovski and someone we don't mind losing. I know Grabo is ineligible for selection but he is still available for trade

I'd rather keep Grabovski, pawn off Kulemin then LTIR Grabo and clear ~10mil in cap space

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Nope. Not on the list.

One can only hope it's a deal where our 1st goes to Vegas for them to take on Grabovski and someone we don't mind losing. I know Grabo is ineligible for selection but he is still available for trade

Pulock and Pelech instead? That seems kind of stupid

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Folks, maybe the deal is the 1st and a specific, non-impact player. Makes no sense to give up a 1st and lose an impact player like CDH, whereas the original option was only to lose CDH and keep your first.

Let's wait for details before the knee-jerk reactions bashing GM's. They have a pretty good idea what they are doing here, folks..........

Well, Snow usually doesn't

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City

This is the other option I think is on the table; McPhee worked in the Isles front office and probably likes Pelech, he leveraged this info to snag a first from Snow.

AkiLumme

May 9, 2017
Ottawa
Exposing De Haan over Pelech implies one of two outcomes:

1) The Isles lose De Haan to avoid losing Pelech
2) The Isles pay a higher price to not lose De Haan than they would have to not lose Pelech

For either situation, this looks pretty dumb.

AkiLumme

May 9, 2017
Ottawa
This is the other option I think is on the table; McPhee worked in the Isles front office and probably likes Pelech, he leveraged this info to snag a first from Snow.

So you're saying they could have just lost Pelech and kept their 1st round pick? I can't imagine anybody values Pelech higher than 15OA.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Islanders have 1 forward prospect and 1 goalie prospect. They shouldn't be trading anything. They are in a tough division, they should be GETTING prospects/picks

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site

i know, it's laughable how the trolls come out to bash Snow, without even knowing the details. just a day ago, some were calling for his head, because he was 'doing nothing'.

i am guessing that it is something like isles 1st + Kulemin or Hickey? Kulemin is a handy player to have, but saving $4 mil this year, might allow Snow to fit Duchene ($6 mil) onto the roster.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
So you're saying they could have just lost Pelech and kept their 1st round pick? I can't imagine anybody values Pelech higher than 15OA.

Well I do. Pelech is a good, known quality.

I mean it's Pelech, not Steve Bernier people.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
They likely made a deal to protect all 3, then used the extra protection slot on Pelech cause why not

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Just to clarify, Isles are willing to lose De Haan AND their 1st round pick just to keep Ryan Strome? Lol

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just from a PR/harmony stand point, wouldn't the NYI want to include CDH in the main group protected instead of Pelech if he was indeed part of the protection group?

Last edited:

AkiLumme

May 9, 2017
Ottawa
Just to clarify, Isles are willing to lose De Haan AND their 1st round pick just to keep Ryan Strome? Lol

Question for Isles fans: of the players left exposed, which do you value the most? And what do you think is a reasonable price to pay to keep that one player over the 2nd most valuable player?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

I think it is unclear at the moment, the first round pick may have been to protect de Haan and Nelson/Strome.

In any event, I don't see the point in mocking the Isles or their fans. The ED is a strange wrinkle for teams to have to navigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad