Pre-Game Talk: Islander v Flyers series discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
This is the better choice for the Isles. Don’t get me wrong, the Flyers were one of the better clubs down the stretch and they continued that in the bubble, but this is not the lock down shutdown physical Bruins.

The Isles experience and system should prevail in 6 or better. LGI

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
This is the better choice for the Isles. Don’t get me wrong, the Flyers were one of the better clubs down the stretch and they continued that in the bubble, but this is not the lock down shutdown physical Bruins.

The Isles experience and system should prevail in 6 or better. LGI
I have the isles in 7. I think TB & Boston are the best in the East .I am glad that one of them will knock the other out of the playoffs.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Flyers' board think they have this series wrapped up no problem.

Maybe they do. But we can definitely say they struggled mightily with a team that should not have been in the playoffs and were only included for the TV networks.

Reactions: beach

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Maybe they do. But we can definitely say they struggled mightily with a team that should not have been in the playoffs and were only included for the TV networks.
The Canadiens are not the weak sisters you make them out to be. Just sayin.....

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
The Canadiens are not the weak sisters you make them out to be. Just sayin.....

Didn't say they were, but they were 31-31-9. If they weren't the Canadiens, league wouldn't have put them in.

Last edited:

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I can’t believe I’m saying this - but I honestly see a road to playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. I think we can reasonably take Philly (swept them during the season), and if Tampa beats Boston, we have played them hard during the Trotz era as well (.500 I believe). Not gonna be a walk in the park by any means, but there is a legitimate shot IMO. Who knows, maybe we’ll end up seeing Lehner in the finals :sarcasm:

Reactions: Quicklime

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I can’t believe I’m saying this - but I honestly see a road to playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. I think we can reasonably take Philly (swept them during the season), and if Tampa beats Boston, we have played them hard during the Trotz era as well (.500 I believe). Not gonna be a walk in the park by any means, but there is a legitimate shot IMO. Who knows, maybe we’ll end up seeing Lehner in the finals :sarcasm:
Get past the 2nd playoff series rd, and anything is possible.

Reactions: buud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad