Signing(s): Isaiah Thomas to the Nuggets

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Low risk and potentially high upside move. He could be a good sixth man for them if he's healthy. The defense will probably be a disaster with him and Jokic on the court together but that's expected.

I was never a big Thomas fan but I'm rooting hard for him now. That hip injury likely cost him at least $80M or so and that's a conservative guess on what he might've gotten. Now he has to settle for the vet minimum.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I actually think this will go down as a bad move, Nuggets are best when they play through Jokić, this will be a deterrent to that.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I get rooting for the guy, but this is now his 6th team since 2014. I hope he doesn't disrupt what the Nuggets are building because that team should be really good starting as early as next season.

Reactions: Morozov

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have to imagine that at this point even he isn't expecting anyone to start him, so if he can be a good soldier about coming off the bench, then I don't really see a downside. It's him being a malcontent when not starting that's his problem stick around anywhere.

If he's finally been humbled & had to accept the reality of how much money his injury cost him, then I like it. You guys won't have capspace any time soon, so strong drafting & bargain contracts are going to need to be responsible for any further boosts to your team.

So it's all about the due-diligence that the organization has done into his current mindset, and their being content to cut him the instant he steps out of line & starts to subvert the lockerroom.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad