Line Combos: Is Toews better with less TOI?

Is Toews better with less ice time?

• Total voters

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It matters more who he plays against.

Like any of us, we will not do too great playing against players who are better than us. And will do just fine playing against players who aren't as good at hockey as we are.

If I play 15 minutes against Jonathan Toews, I'm going to get scored on. A lot.

If I play 10 minutes against my 6-year-old son, I like my chances.
lol, he was matched up vs. McDavid or Draisaitl almost the entire series.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
yes. his minutes over the years ballooned because he was needed in all situations with more heavy lifting. lighter minutes means his heavy minutes are being cut back.

it's not like Kane out there who is out there playing 20+ min of "leisure" ice time

Reactions: BobbyJet

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
I don't know what to make of this poll. Toews now has to play PP, PK and oh ya.....be the enforcer seeing as they have no physical players. Way to burn him out Stan.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

I don’t have any issue with Dach’s deployment. This is a learning experience for the young guys on the team and he’s our 2nd best center already.

Also, complaining about minutes and deployment after one game is pretty pointless IMO. It’s a more precise complaint when you look at it over a series

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don’t have any issue with Dach’s deployment. This is a learning experience for the young guys on the team and he’s our 2nd best center already.

Also, complaining about minutes and deployment after one game is pretty pointless IMO. It’s a more precise complaint when you look at it over a series

Dach played more than Toews in every Edmonton game but one also. It’s more than one game.

But I agree with your other points.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I agree with this but they should stop using him for faceoffs. He's taking too many of them and it leads to a lot of avoidable possession for the opponents. I don't mind the minutes but surely the usage isn't ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad