Is this the worst 3 year collapse of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
These hedging your bets doomer comments are the most annoying type of way to be a sports fan.
I don't agree, I think sometimes you have to be realistic. Panarin, Fox, Mika and Kreider all have looked horrible the last 2 games! Seems like they have completely run out of gas. The coverage in the defensive zone the last two games has been atrocious!! Igor can only do so much! Luckily they get an extra days rest and play Thursday instead of Wednesday. But I honestly would be shocked if they win down in Carolina! Think its definitely coming back to MSG for game 7

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Both teams are good. The rangers have to learn to fight their way back and outwork the other teams. Carolina got the meme after going down early. It has been a fun series. Sadly we won't get to seem Rempe tune up Marchand. This has been a great series to watch.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
There's a game in most close series that swings them. That game in this series in game 3: think Canes giving up goal late in 3rd to tie, and then losing quickly in OT, is that game. We'll see, but I'm sticking with game 3 deciding series....

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Not a jinx. This Rangers core has proven to be more mentally soft than the Leafs.

1000006437.gif

Reactions: Realgud

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
I mean, I killed him today but he got 1 goal from Jacob Trouba support today and still has one of the best save percentages all time in the playoffs.

The team in front of him sucks balls. 8 seed with a good PP that gets figured out 2 games in against decent teams.

Can't really blame him other than the Staal goal where he over played the wrap around. Panarin late on the backcheck for the Kuz rebound goal. Then not one but 2 guys got wide open touches on the 3rd.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Victim complex from fans on playoff teams who are doing well is always hilarious to read on HF.

Ask every single NHL fan in October "would you be happy if your team was in round 2, up 3-2 in a round with home ice advantage?". I'd wager 99.9% of fans would say yes.

But when it's your own team "well we're obiously going to lose, so is this the worst collapse in history?"

I'm not a Rangers fan - but if I was, I'd be on here talking smack about how bad they're going to beat the Hurricanes next game instead of this.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I mean I am all about the outcome that the premise is based on. But lets get passed game 6 first before even I consider this a possibility

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
After Carolina completes the easiest reverse sweep in sports history, the Rangers would have three straight playoff losses where they blew a 2-0 series lead or better. One of which was a 2-0 series lead on the road and one was a 3-0 series lead. Would this be the most pathetic three consecutive year collapse of all time?
Nope. It wouldn't. Jinx still on :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad