Is this the end for Jake Voracek?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
An ominous but not altogether surprising sign this week: Voracek’s belonging were piled high by the exit doors to Nationwide Arena, a sign that he’s headed back to Czech Republic while he waits for post-concussion symptoms to fade. It’s a near certainty that Voracek won’t play again this year and possible his career is finished. Voracek was spotted back at the rink one day last week, perhaps a goodbye (for now) to his teammates

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What did Jarmo say?
We asked Kekalainen this week if he’s worried that the losing culture he was trying to avoid has crept into the Blue Jackets’ room.

“I worry about that every day,” Kekalainen said. “But at the same time we can also look at the realities of what we’ve faced this year. I don’t want to make excuses about the injuries, but it’s not an excuse, it’s the reality of our situation.

“It’s an incredible amount of injuries that we’ve dealt with already. I remember looking at this number years ago, that any team that lost 300 man-games (to injury) has a hard time making the playoffs. And we’re probably going to have, what, 500 or 600?”“You worry about culture every single day,” Kekalainen said. “We talk about that every single day after practice, after games, after wins and losses. Yeah, you worry about that.“It’s something that’s non-negotiable, the standard that we need to have and the pride we need to play with, even if you’re in a losing streak or even if you’re down by four or five goals in a game. You never want to lose that standard. Losing is never something you can accept.”

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That doesn’t sound good at all.
Which part doesn't sound good at all? The talk about Voracek? I think this has been obviously inevitable for awhile. When he had his presser and said it's doubtful he'd play again this year I think it was obvious he was at least done for the season. As BobbyMac has explained on his podcast on multiple occasions, injured players do not feel like part of the team, they are not at the rink when their teammates are at the rink and they don't travel with the team. It's tough on the guys, they don't feel like they are part of something...I think it has to be worse when you don't know if you will ever play in the NHL again. Heading to Czechia makes a lot of sense to me if that is home for him. Jake cleaning out his dressing room space is simply reality. Sad yes...but a reality.

Other comments in that article are bigger questions.

2) Earlier this season I felt like Jarmo's comments regarding Gavrikov were simply about being apart on contract terms but this article made it sound like it's about Gavrikov simply not wanting to stay in Columbus long term. It could also be Jarmo spinning it to put the onus on Gavrikov but when only one side is making public comments who knows what is really happening. If he is not here next season I will miss him...its not like Bob, Savard and Foligno who were all past their prime...Vlad seems like a really good guy and good dressing room guy and is at his peak right now.

3) What a huge difference between last place and second to last place odds in the lottery: 25.5% vs 13.5%. I was one of those people who was wondering if Fantilli could challenge Bedard for #1OA but Bedard put that debate completely to bed at World Juniors. Fantilli might still be a fantastic player but if he wasn't truly ready to be a difference maker vs 18 & 19 year olds, safe to say he's not a jump into the NHL next season player...he's a guy that will take a year or two to make his NHL debut.

Very excited for Blanks' return to lineup. He says he has done a lot of contemplating about how he plays the game recognizing his diminutive size. How he has to pick his spots to be more physical. I hope that doesn't take away from the spark plug he was that we loved so much on the ice. Will be worth watching very closely.

So now Seattle is jumping the CBJ (hosting Vegas in the Winter Classic next season). We are in a group three with Arizona and Florida as teams that have not participated in an outdoor game. Personally I would not go to an outdoor game (been there, done that, most likely never again) but its sad to think the CBJ are stuck in this category with two of the worst fanbases in the NHL. CBJ fans deserve more respect.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Which part doesn't sound good at all? The talk about Voracek? I think this has been obviously inevitable for awhile. When he had his presser and said it's doubtful he'd play again this year I think it was obvious he was at least done for the season. As BobbyMac has explained on his podcast on multiple occasions, injured players do not feel like part of the team, they are not at the rink when their teammates are at the rink and they don't travel with the team. It's tough on the guys, they don't feel like they are part of something...I think it has to be worse when you don't know if you will ever play in the NHL again. Heading to Czechia makes a lot of sense to me if that is home for him. Jake cleaning out his dressing room space is simply reality. Sad yes...but a reality.

Other comments in that article are bigger questions.

2) Earlier this season I felt like Jarmo's comments regarding Gavrikov were simply about being apart on contract terms but this article made it sound like it's about Gavrikov simply not wanting to stay in Columbus long term. It could also be Jarmo spinning it to put the onus on Gavrikov but when only one side is making public comments who knows what is really happening. If he is not here next season I will miss him...its not like Bob, Savard and Foligno who were all past their prime...Vlad seems like a really good guy and good dressing room guy and is at his peak right now.

3) What a huge difference between last place and second to last place odds in the lottery: 25.5% vs 13.5%. I was one of those people who was wondering if Fantilli could challenge Bedard for #1OA but Bedard put that debate completely to bed at World Juniors. Fantilli might still be a fantastic player but if he wasn't truly ready to be a difference maker vs 18 & 19 year olds, safe to say he's not a jump into the NHL next season player...he's a guy that will take a year or two to make his NHL debut.

Very excited for Blanks' return to lineup. He says he has done a lot of contemplating about how he plays the game recognizing his diminutive size. How he has to pick his spots to be more physical. I hope that doesn't take away from the spark plug he was that we loved so much on the ice. Will be worth watching very closely.

So now Seattle is jumping the CBJ (hosting Vegas in the Winter Classic next season). We are in a group three with Arizona and Florida as teams that have not participated in an outdoor game. Personally I would not go to an outdoor game (been there, done that, most likely never again) but its sad to think the CBJ are stuck in this category with two of the worst fanbases in the NHL. CBJ fans deserve more respect.

Here is the problem - how about we stop getting embarrassed on the National Stage and actually win something before we keep complaining about getting an outdoor game.

Sorry but this is a sore spot about everyone giving grief about an outdoor game and we just got destroyed in Finland and Buffalo made us look stupid.

Honestly ask yourself if you were the NHL brass would you invest in Columbus in a game that wouldn’t be competitive or another bad showing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad