Is this the craziest goal of all time???

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not surprised given the league tbh.... this guy was on a whole new Karius level.
I live very close to a USL team and the guys try, but man it is hard to go from watching PL to USL. Like most of the league (that aren’t affiliated) are MLS washouts at best.

The woman’s team here is fantastic though. Those games are a ton of fun.

Reactions: Gecklund

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Funny to watch but the beer league level of goalkeeping does not really make it that impressive.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Here's another one that is easily crazier:

The problem is we are talking crazy not spectacular. I was at the match at Giants Stadium where Danny Cepero (The RB keeper) punted the ball from his own end and somehow it ended up bouncing over his opposite numbers head into the back of the net. That's the type of thing I'm looking for.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Funny to watch but the beer league level of goalkeeping does not really make it that impressive.
Possibly because the Philly team are all teenage academy players instead of a mix of older guys being developed and some kids because of this thing called Covid 19.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The problem is we are talking crazy not spectacular. I was at the match at Giants Stadium where Danny Cepero (The RB keeper) punted the ball from his own end and somehow it ended up bouncing over his opposite numbers head into the back of the net. That's the type of thing I'm looking for.
So you want unintentional goals only? Your OP just asked if what you posted is the "craziest goal of all time" with no criteria.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Possibly because the Philly team are all teenage academy players instead of a mix of older guys being developed and some kids because of this thing called Covid 19.
So then explain how that goal is impressive if you admit yourself that the calibre of play is very low? You can find tons of these from lower leagues on YT.

Reactions: Blender

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So then explain how that goal is impressive if you admit yourself that the calibre of play is very low? You can find tons of these from lower leagues on YT.
Yes, I'm completely convinced the scorpion wasn't just dumb luck and was in fact incredible and deliberate skill. Yeah. I have watched the sport at all sorts of pro levels my entire life and have never seen anything like that. And the fact that it happened in the 90th minute to win a game made it even nuttier.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So I saw a gif of a CL Match between RM and Liverpool where this happened but for some reason it wasn't working when I tried to post it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Giroud did that on purpose, in one of the best leagues in the world.

Pure Wenger ball displayed right there. I wish Giroud was more consistent because he had some shades of brilliance, but he's one of those players where a highlight-reel makes him better than what he actually was.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Pure Wenger ball displayed right there. I wish Giroud was more consistent because he had some shades of brilliance, but he's one of those players where a highlight-reel makes him better than what he actually was.
Going to have to disagree with you. Giroud's best ability is not goal scoring and never has been. Sure he has scored goals and has scored some highlight reel ones like this, but people looking at him or criticizing him as if he's supposed to be the main scoring threat has always confused me, as it's not his game.

It's like during the 2018 World Cup when there was a lot of complaining and questioning on this site and elsewhere about why Giroud was playing every game for France as they had better goal scoring options for the striker spot, but they completely missed what role he was playing and why he was the best option there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going to have to disagree with you. Giroud's best ability is not goal scoring and never has been. Sure he has scored goals and has scored some highlight reel ones like this, but people looking at him or criticizing him as if he's supposed to be the main scoring threat has always confused me, as it's not his game.

It's like during the 2018 World Cup when there was a lot of complaining and questioning on this site and elsewhere about why Giroud was playing every game for France as they had better goal scoring options for the striker spot, but they completely missed what role he was playing and why he was the best option there.
I don't know, for us we needed a striker to score goals but he plays more of that Firmino false 9 role where he's a brilliant setup man for wingers and can hold up the play. I agree he's a fantastic #9 playmaker, but there were just so many games that I remember he could've done more on the chances the club made for him that he missed. There's a reason he was nicknamed "Lamppost" by Gooners and that's because he did a lot of nothing in games. I think some of that is unfair, but I also suggest that some of it was justified as well. I still liked him though, he seemed like a great person and conducted some brilliant memorable plays. He's just one of those players where I wish he had like 5% more skill in the finishing department.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know, for us we needed a striker to score goals but he plays more of that Firmino false 9 role where he's a brilliant setup man for wingers and can hold up the play. I agree he's a fantastic #9 playmaker, but there were just so many games that I remember he could've done more on the chances the club made for him that he missed. There's a reason he was nicknamed "Lamppost" by Gooners and that's because he did a lot of nothing in games. I think some of that is unfair, but I also suggest that some of it was justified as well. I still liked him though, he seemed like a great person and conducted some brilliant memorable plays. He's just one of those players where I wish he had like 5% more skill in the finishing department.
That's a management problem though, not a Giroud problem. It's not Giroud's fault that he was misused or that Arsenal decided to play Giroud up top but did not go out and sign the other attacking players needed to make that work like it should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad