Speculation: Is this a coaching or player personnel problem?

Delicious Dangles*

In all fairness, Kadri is good but many other teams would be playing him at 3c to get his defensive game rounded out. A lot of teams put future top 6 in this role because it teaches patience and makes them better two way players.

We started him there, he was doing great, we promoted him called him Dougie and that was that.
Kadri is not a 3C, contender or no. He is a 2C atm, putting up 1C numbers. His defensive game is fine. It's really only face-offs and consistency (in effort, not production) that is holding him back from that 1 spot, which young players usually improve on with time.

We sheltered him enough last year. Nobody called him Dougie, but it's time for him to show what he's worth. Especially since now that Grabovski is gone, we have no other legitimate top-6 center.

You don't put your 2nd leading scorer on the 3rd line.

Wheels

Aug 22, 2004
They made the playoffs last year. Sure the season was only 48 games but that is all they had. If you don't think it is valid, don't expect others to share that opinion. Hockey is a game there are wins and losses. Any disappointment wouldn't last very long, it will be replaced with excitement and hope for the next season. We are 11-6-1 2nd in the East; that is a playoff position. Of course the season is not over but I am not going to be manic about game to game results. It is more than our goalies that have been playing well Dion has been great, Kardri has been good, Bolland has been fantastic I think there are positives for every player. We are still a work in progress but i like the direction of the team!

Two years ago the Florida Panthers won the Southeast Division. How'd that work out for them last year (or so far this year)?

Delicious Dangles*

Two years ago the Florida Panthers won the Southeast Division. How'd that work out for them last year (or so far this year)?
They were -24 on the season (one of the worst ever to win a division/make playoffs if I remember correctly). They had 18 OT points. They were in the weakest division in the league, by far. They only had the 14th most points in the league (tied for 20th in ROW). Their leading scorer had 49 points. And they didn't even have very good goaltending, though Theodore did magically put up his best season since 03/04 (and have had nothing since). And they had a 25th-placed PK. 25th in the league in 5 on 5 situations.

Anybody who DIDN'T expect them to fall back down to the basement, didn't know hockey.

There is literally zero comparison to be made between them and our Leafs.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
Your offense is driven by your centers thus the "strength down the middle" motto
Except the Leafs offence is driven by the wing. On the first line at the very least. I don't see how you could argue that it isn't the case and that it isn't successful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad