Is there a website that lists...

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
Teams list their injuries and healthy scratches for every game. I'm only interested in knowing for how many games a player was listed as injured.

I am not sure injuries are listed officially anywhere and are distinguishable (or should be?) from leaves of absences etc.

Roster Reports have "scratches" sections without going into details for the reason of the scratch. Sometimes players go to AHL on demotion, sometimes on conditional assignments - is there a way to tell these apart that too?

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Roster Moves

I am not sure injuries are listed officially anywhere and are distinguishable (or should be?) from leaves of absences etc.

Roster Reports have "scratches" sections without going into details for the reason of the scratch. Sometimes players go to AHL on demotion, sometimes on conditional assignments - is there a way to tell these apart that too?

Roster moves that you describe and are listed as such.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
BTW, I'm not doing any type of analytics project. I'm using these stats to create ratings for a sim hockey program. There are some ratings that cannot be derived from statistics. If anyone here is interested in giving me their opinion on players from their favorite team, PM me and I will give you the necessary info, it would take about 30 minutes of your time.

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
I actually stumbled upon exactly what I needed while searching for some advanced goalie stats, it even includes games missed due to injury.

http://www.hockeyabstract.com/testimonials

Of course I wasn't able to locate the goalie stats I was originally looking for. Frozen Shot Percentage and Rebound Save Percentage. Anyone have an idea where to find them?

If you're ready to parse PBP (HTML or JS), frozen puck is trivial:
* The frozen puck is a "stop reason" in the STOP events.
* Look for the preceding "SHOT" event to complete the picture.
Rebounds, I guess, should be:
* SHOT event.
* Another SHOT/MISS/BLOCK/GOAL event within 2 (for instance) seconds after it.
* No STOP event in between.

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
I actually stumbled upon exactly what I needed while searching for some advanced goalie stats, it even includes games missed due to injury.

http://www.hockeyabstract.com/testimonials

Of course I wasn't able to locate the goalie stats I was originally looking for. Frozen Shot Percentage and Rebound Save Percentage. Anyone have an idea where to find them?

I'm a bit reluctant to use the sources outside of NHL.com because of potential license issues...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad