Is there a third Staal brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Mar 31, 2003
Australia
Visit site
thief50 said:
I just saw a player named Jordon Staal born 1988 with the Peterborough Petes and he's from the same city has Eric & Marc Staal, Thunder Bay, ONT

I believe there is 4 brothers could be wrong though, their dad built them a proper rink (with boards and lights) for them too practise on. According to the hype Jordan could be the best of the bunch

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
So is Jordan projected to be a top 5 pick? If he's supposively the best, and Eric was taken 2nd overall, I'd assume he'd be a lock for top 5.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
fisher said:
So is Jordan projected to be a top 5 pick? If he's supposively the best, and Eric was taken 2nd overall, I'd assume he'd be a lock for top 5.

Some say he is a lock for a top 5...way to early though..all I know is Kessel and Frolik are locks for the top 3.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
The Staals actually live in a small township just outside of Thunder Bay called Murillo. Their dad was a decent player himself. Played hockey at Lakehead University. I believe the 4th brother's name is Jared. He is currently playing Midget hockey in Thunder Bay.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
The Rangers should try and draft Jordan, and then even Jared for the heck of it. That way, when Eric becomes a UFA (5 years until he's eligible), there'd be a good chance he'd sign with them. It's be pretty badass to have a team with 4 brothers on it.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
fisher said:
The Rangers should try and draft Jordan, and then even Jared for the heck of it. That way, when Eric becomes a UFA (5 years until he's eligible), there'd be a good chance he'd sign with them. It's be pretty badass to have a team with 4 brothers on it.

At this point the Rangers have 1, and the Hurricanes have 1. The Hurricanes have the player considered to be more of a "franchise" player, and yet you have Eric leaving this team to go join his brother on the Rangers instead of the other way around?

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Caniacforever said:
At this point the Rangers have 1, and the Hurricanes have 1. The Hurricanes have the player considered to be more of a "franchise" player, and yet you have Eric leaving this team to go join his brother on the Rangers instead of the other way around?

It's NYC vs. Raleigh, North Carolina. Think about it. ;)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
expofan said:
The Staals actually live in a small township just outside of Thunder Bay called Murillo. Their dad was a decent player himself. Played hockey at Lakehead University. I believe the 4th brother's name is Jared. He is currently playing Midget hockey in Thunder Bay.

So will this year be his OHL draft year?

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
HabLover said:
So will this year be his OHL draft year?

This is Jordan's NHL draft year, as well as Jared's draft year to the OHL.

Last edited:

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Petes1 said:
This is Jordan's draft year, as well as Jared's draft year to the OHL.

Jordan was drafted in 2004, he already played one year in OHL and if it's was Jared's draft year, he didn't get drafted by an OHL team

while writting about the Staal, I start thinking that Saku Koivu is 11 years older then his brother Mikko, I think it's a lot, it's like the difference between me I my younger uncle on the side of my mother,
it's long having a kid 10 year after the first

Last edited:

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
In the 2003 draft preview of THN, there was an article on Eric Staal that mentioned his brothers and suggested that the youngest (Jared) may be the best of the bunch.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Shane said:
In the 2003 draft preview of THN, there was an article on Eric Staal that mentioned his brothers and suggested that the youngest (Jared) may be the best of the bunch.

Are you sure it was Jared? I thought I remembered it being Jordan. Jordan has been getting hype for a while, he's a huge kid with tons of talent. I'm high on him being a top 5 pick next year. It will be interesting to see how he does at the U18's this month.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Le Golie said:
Are you sure it was Jared? I thought I remembered it being Jordan. Jordan has been getting hype for a while, he's a huge kid with tons of talent. I'm high on him being a top 5 pick next year. It will be interesting to see how he does at the U18's this month.

The Hockey News, Vol. 56, No. 37, Pg. 8:

Marc, 16, was recently selected second overall in the Ontario League draft by the Sudbury Wolves; Jordan, 14, plays Bantam AAA for the Thunder Bay Kings; and 12-year-old Jared, if you believe those who have seen him play, might be the best of the Staal boys. (Keep in mind some people said the same thing about Keith and Brent Gretzky.)

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Shane said:
The Hockey News, Vol. 56, No. 37, Pg. 8:

Thanks, I stand corrected. Should be interesting to see how his career develops over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad