Is there a team with a worse bottom six than the Devils?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils have the worst forwards in the league. All 12 of them.

Taylor Hall is still on pace for almost 65 points (just like last year on a better offensive team) over 82 games this year.

Let's not insult him by adding him to this.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Taylor Hall is still on pace for almost 65 points (just like last year on a better offensive team) over 82 games this year.

Let's not insult him by adding him to this.

Someone on our board said watching Hall on the Devils is like watching Eddie Van Halen jamming with a teenage garage band. I think that's a pretty accurate take on it.

We have absolutely no one worthy of playing with him. Zacha might be in a couple years.

Mitts Marner*

It's Colorado.

I think Mitchell/McLeod/Colburne had a combined 2 points at one point all year minus Colburne's hatrick (Colborne has had one point since his opening night hat trick)

Holy crap. I didn't realize that. I wonder how many fantasy owners picked him up after that. :laugh:

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
It's the trademark of a Ray Shero team. Look what he left the Penguins with when he left.

Once Cooke/Staal/TK was no longer, that was the end of the Bottom 6 being good.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Someone on our board said watching Hall on the Devils is like watching Eddie Van Halen jamming with a teenage garage band. I think that's a pretty accurate take on it.

We have absolutely no one worthy of playing with him. Zacha might be in a couple years.

That's a testament to Hall that he can put up points on our team.

I didn't think he was gonna be an 80 point player when we got him, perhaps some did. Thought he could be a 70 point player over 82 games though, if he was having a great season.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

That's what made the McLeod pick so puzzling to me. He's fast but not dynamic offensively, and the Devils really need young, skilled players. Why take a vanilla/safe two-way C? Especially when you picked a better version of him in Zacha just one year previous. I hope it was because they were very high on his upside, but overall the front office seems pretty casual about fixing what looks to be a fairly chronic issue. The Hall trade was a start, but also a no-brainer. The FO needs to wake the **** up, IMO.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006

I feel bad for hall. it was the right thing for the oilers to get Larsson though. lucic is on a 3rd line now. he plays hard, checks, fights. on the #1 pp. but in a perfect world they get Larsson for for someone else on Edmonton. hopefully the devils get some talent.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's what made the McLeod pick so puzzling to me. He's fast but not dynamic offensively, and the Devils really need young, skilled players. Why take a vanilla/safe two-way C? Especially when you picked a better version of him in Zacha just one year previous. I hope it was because they were very high on his upside, but overall the front office seems pretty casual about fixing what looks to be a fairly chronic issue. The Hall trade was a start, but also a no-brainer. The FO needs to wake the **** up, IMO.

Lou and Conte were also famous for ''Two-way'' guys or moreso ''Defensive forwards'' than two-way forwards. It's fitting that the last Lou find was a defensive shutdown forward from the KHL (Sergey Kalinin), who is offensively anemic, when there's probably 100 or 200 better guys he could have found and plucked out of that league at least. The Euro league signing that Shero made for Yohann Auvitu was a good one, but he's found himself demoted to the AHL, despite being one of the best possession drivers on the team and was at one point when he played almost all of the games on the season, top 3 or 4 on the team in shots on goal.

But then we demoted him and would rather play some jokers who have tenure. The one thing that's bothered me about Shero (and much more Hynes) is that they seem to have emphasized possession players and being into analytics. They've acknowledged this. Yet, they still make call ups to turds like Seth Helgeson and frickin Hynes has scratched Beau Bennett and PA Parenteau a few times, so we can play terrible possession players, who play mediocre defense (At best) and are anemic at offense. I don't care if Helgeson gets played only 12-13 minutes a night in a sheltered role, calling up this terrible defender and adding him to an already horrible possession team is BS. Handicapping the lineup even more.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
NJ can't score in general, so it's not that surprising. Not really a revelation. Gotta be tough being a fan.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
NJ can't score in general, so it's not that surprising. Not really a revelation. Gotta be tough being a fan.

Nowadays, when I say ''No offense'' as in ''No offense, but that sucks'' instead I'll say ''No Devils, but that sucks''

And it goes over everybody's heads, unless they're a hockey/Devils fan.

I said it to my friend who is also a Devils fan and he got it right away. He laughed and said ''Good one!''.

Pretty much because the Devils these days = no offense.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What's up with Fiddler. He was always pretty consistent,IMO, and good for 25 points a year. Age finally caught up with him?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
the funny thing is..... the hawks bottom 6 is literally an AHL team.....but of course since they're the hawks, they just get lucky af and don't suck :(((((

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
We have the worst bottom 6 and the worst top 6. I think we'll have a solid middle 6 in a few years with Zacha and McLeod but nothing fantastic.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It's the trademark of a Ray Shero team. Look what he left the Penguins with when he left.

Once Cooke/Staal/TK was no longer, that was the end of the Bottom 6 being good.

Yup, this looks quite familiar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad