Is there a site which lists which skates nhl hockey players use?

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
interesting. i mean i figured some players must use older skates, but you see so many players wearing the "latest and greatest" gear every year which is understandable.

so, i understand that pro's wear older PRO or TOP of the line skates even when newer models are available, but do they wear skates that are NOT top skates? like would a player wear an 8k RBK if they had a better 11K? i'm sure it's just preference like you said, i guess i always assumed that players with a pro level skating ability would just jump to the best new skate because they transition from skate to skate would probably be seamless for them.

as far as skates are concerned, no, you won't find nhl'ers using anything other than top end skates pretty much exactly due to the reason ponder just stated. they can get any option they want through the custom process. older top of the line models, yes, less than top of the line models, no.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Is there any difference between high end and mid-range skates beyond the weight?

The only thing that would drive me to a high end $900 dollar skate over a $350-400 midrange skate is comfort. Even with a perfect fit, those boots can sometimes be a little uncomfortable.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Is there any difference between high end and mid-range skates beyond the weight?

The only thing that would drive me to a high end $900 dollar skate over a $350-400 midrange skate is comfort. Even with a perfect fit, those boots can sometimes be a little uncomfortable.

from a practical standpoint, it's pretty much mainly weight and stiffness. even with that, there are exceptions though like last year's vapor line.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
from a practical standpoint, it's pretty much mainly weight and stiffness. even with that, there are exceptions though like last year's vapor line.

This ^ though weight is not always consistent like that, it's a good rule of thumb though. other than that, it will be the footbed, liner, moisture wicking properties, outsole, quarters etcetc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad