Is there a reason Robertson and Hintz play less than 17 minutes per night?

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Most teams play their best forwards 19+ minutes a game, with superstars easily over 20 minutes per game.

Why in the world is Dallas only playing Robertson and Hintz 16:43 and 16:11 minutes per night respectively. Seems intuitive enough that they’d put up way better point totals if they played a few more shifts each game.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Is that their overall average in the season, or a specific game or two you looked at? I could see a coach throwing them out their more some games and less others. If it’s every game that’s dumb unless they’re injured.

I think I saw Marchand was playing closer to 18 min a couple seasons at least in his prime but even that’s much better

Edit or keep their point totals down and their next contracts?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Team has a solid group of forwards and I’m fine they’re not hitting 19/20 mins if the group as a whole keeps producing.

Benn and Gurianov are starting to get points and I really like our 3rd line with Benn playing with kids Johnston and Dellandrea. If Gurianov can continue in a top-6 role with Seguin and Marchment there’s no reason to over run our 1st line.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Is that their overall average in the season, or a specific game or two you looked at? I could see a coach throwing them out their more some games and less others. If it’s every game that’s dumb unless they’re injured.

I think I saw Marchand was playing closer to 18 min a couple seasons at least in his prime but even that’s much better

Edit or keep their point totals down and their next contracts?
Overall average per game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars have depth this year. I'm loving the way DeBoer is rolling every line, especially the top 9.

Keeps the top guys like Robertson & Hintz fresh too. If the Stars weren't getting depth scoring then you'd see them probably play 19-20 minutes a game.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad