Is there a Oilers' point total 2015-16 prediction thread?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
From my perspective,

-less than 75 points is a failure
-75-80 is a modest improvement
-80-85 is what I would like to (reasonably) see
-anything over 85 is a damn good improvement, and puts us ~10 points out of the playoffs.

The team has to slash off about 60 goals against from last season in order to be competitive, and score about 30 more. I'm sure the goal differential will improve, just hope that it's by enough to take a step forward.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Two factors:

1. how good is Talbot? if he go's like Varlomov did a couple years ago, who knows?

2. if Nurse and Reinhart aren't able to win a job from Niki, Ference and Schultz I wouldn't expect much over 75 pts. If they are clearly better, and therefore a marked improvement in the Dcorp...

if they hit a home run on both these points, 85+ is possible.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Two factors:

1. how good is Talbot? if he go's like Varlomov did a couple years ago, who knows?

2. if Nurse and Reinhart aren't able to win a job from Niki, Ference and Schultz I wouldn't expect much over 75 pts. If they are clearly better, and therefore a marked improvement in the Dcorp...

if they hit a home run on both these points, 85+ is possible.

If Talbot can duplicate his performance from last year, then we are in business.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Can he duplicate his performance from last year with an incompetent D line?

(I'm not being a troll. Just a question.)

The Rangers defence as a whole is kind of overrated tbh. On paper, they look fantastic but their D allows a lot of high scoring chances. There was actually an article on Oilersnation talking about it. Although, I don't expect Talbot to keep up his play, I think we have a legit starting goalie for the first time since Roloson. A goalie that can bail us out, make those big saves and even steal us some games.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
The Rangers defence as a whole is kind of overrated tbh. On paper, they look fantastic but their D allows a lot of high scoring chances. There was actually an article on Oilersnation talking about it. Although, I don't expect Talbot to keep up his play, I think we have a legit starting goalie for the first time since Roloson. A goalie that can bail us out, make those big saves and even steal us some games.

I tend to agree. If Talbot is such a benefactor of NYs Dcorp, then Lundquist must be the most over-rated goalie in the league and not among the top 3 in the world, like he is considered.

Surely, a goalie's success can't be completely attributed to a good dcorp.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Whether it means the playoffs or not I am not sure. But if this group wants to be part of something special, that "special" has to start now. I expect 80ish points. Special would be 90+, and even more so if there is a playoff berth.

We need Yak to score and play feisty, McDavid to score 70+, Hall and Ebs to mature, RNH to morph into Datsyuk (in both ends), or D to come together with some surprises, and Talbot to give us .925.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad