Is there a more underrated young star player than Dylan Larkin?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
He's definitely been a source of excitement for us this season. He's stepped in seamlessly to the leadership role and number one center of the team. He's 1 point shy of ppg playing 21 minutes a night against the other teams best players with very little help around him.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I made these threads previously for Barkov and Rielly but they've graduated

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He's definitely been a source of excitement for us this season. He's stepped in seamlessly to the leadership role and number one center of the team. He's 1 point shy of ppg playing 21 minutes a night against the other teams best players with very little help around him.

obvious choice of captain for next season, I'd be surprised if it wasn't announced by the start of 19-20

Reactions: jetsforever

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
underrated by who exactly?

dud is never mentioned

where would you rank him amongst his peers in 2014?

TSN has him #32 U24 player, behind Morrissey Nylander, Connor etc and I don't even hate the TSN list

also under Shesyorkin (lol)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tomas Hertl and Timo Meier could be star players.

Filip Ctyil is going to be a superstar, no homer

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Tomas Hertl and Timo Meier could be star players.

Filip Ctyil is going to be a superstar, no homer

replace your first post with filip chytil pls

meier is getting a lot of love, hertl is a good suggestion

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
dud is never mentioned

where would you rank him amongst his peers in 2014?

TSN has him #32 U24 player, behind Morrissey Nylander, Connor etc and I don't even hate the TSN list

also under Shesyorkin (lol)
probably #4 ahead of Reinhart that's basically where they are in total points...maybe he's better than Ehlers but you can't exactly say for sure.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I wish people could make threads without sensationalist titles like "is X the MOST UNDERRATED player???" discussing him as a player is good enough without wondering if he's the most underrated young player or not

you really must hate living in 2018 huh

I guess I should have titled the thread: Dylan Larkin is a decent or above average player, name me some other decently above average players

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Hes pretty good, I dont think he'll ever be an elite player but he should be good for ~70 pts a season with decent two way play. Will be the captain too - should be the heart and soul of the team for the foreseeable future. We need better players though. He's good enough to be our 1C but we're gonna need at least an elite forward or two to drive offense more consistently.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Good bad team player

Disagree, hes legit. Point per game on Detroit is impressive considering hes a passer first shooter second. He'll have at least an 80 point season or two. This isnt some older player getting ice time on a bad team. Hes a 22 year old going point per game, killing penalties and playing good defensive hockey. Future captain of Detroit

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Almost every time the wings play the other team's fans complain about how bad their first line is playing and how they shouldn't be this bad against the wings in their GDT. Soon people will realize that is because Dylan Larkin doesn't take a shift off.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Hes pretty good, I dont think he'll ever be an elite player but he should be good for ~70 pts a season with decent two way play. Will be the captain too - should be the heart and soul of the team for the foreseeable future. We need better players though. He's good enough to be our 1C but we're gonna need at least an elite forward or two to drive offense more consistently.
What I like about what Detroit is doing right now is another good draft or two all these kids are all going to grow together,im optimistic.
Larkin is a stud.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Larkin is a very good player no doubt. He has surpassed my expectations. He is a player that makes the absolute most out of his abilities and might even be our next captain. I don't quite consider him elite though, Wings still need to find that player in order to go forward.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Almost every time the wings play the other team's fans complain about how bad their first line is playing and how they shouldn't be this bad against the wings in their GDT. Soon people will realize that is because Dylan Larkin doesn't take a shift off.

?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad