Is there a duo close to the Sedins @ cycle game?

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
McDavid and Draisaitl had shifts like that last season at EVEN STRENGTH - one of the Buffalo games - where they changed three times and only the buzzer said the Sabres. They had a shift like that in against the Canucks too.. but preseason I think last year.
Oh please. YT ”Sedins cycling” and watch that 22 min clip and then edit your post

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Prime Sedins pretty much define a dominant cycle game. I don't think any pairing in the NHL can currently do what they have done. I guess Matthews could if he got the right partner.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I have seen Draisaitl and McDavid that at times have had some incredible cycle shifts but never consistant enough for them to be comparable.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
At their prime? No not a chance.

When the Sedins were at their peak they were well oiled machines in the offensive zone.

Sincerely,
A Flames fan who had to watch them give us fits for +10 years.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
As a vancouver fan I am ready for changing of the guard and actually look forward to their retirement after 17 years for that reason..but credit has to be given where it is due and the Sedins have always been under appreciated. They have been a unique act that will never be seen again. Twin brothers with an uncanny sense of passing and finding the other brother. The only brothers in NHL history to both score 1000 points. No I have never seen a better cycling game than the Sedins.

Reactions: Joey Banana

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I don’t think so and I think it’s unfair to even compare them to any other duo.

They’ve been skating together since they were like three years old. During practice, after practice, during games, before school, after school etc... They’ve been pretty much stuck since they were born.

Krutov/Larionov/Makarov was at another level, but they were better individually as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad