is there a difference in total salaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
After watching TSN last night, I was wondering if there's a big difference between what they had last year and what would happen under a salary cap.

Does anyone have the information that could help?

There would be two situations, first, last year's salaries. And, second, with a minimum salary cap of 32 millions and a max of 42 millions. To make it simple, anyone under 32 would go up to the minimum and everyone over would go down to 42 millions.

I'm thinking that there are more teams under then over, so it should almost equal the same thing.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Jocus said:
After watching TSN last night, I was wondering if there's a big difference between what they had last year and what would happen under a salary cap.

Does anyone have the information that could help?

There would be two situations, first, last year's salaries. And, second, with a minimum salary cap of 32 millions and a max of 42 millions. To make it simple, anyone under 32 would go up to the minimum and everyone over would go down to 42 millions.

I'm thinking that there are more teams under then over, so it should almost equal the same thing.

Total player salaries were $1,332,974,890 last season.

Teams over the $42 million cap would have to cut $227,176,090 of pay
Teams under the $32 million floor would have to increase their pay $32,924,500

The loss in player salaries would total $194,251,590 or 14.5%($1,138,723,300 total salaries)

To answer your questions there were 12 teams over $42 million last season and 6 teams under the $32 million floor and 12 teams between $32-$42 million.

Teams over the cap are = to teams within the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad