Is the old, crazy Ilya Bryzgalov back?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I was one of the people against signing him, because of his tendency to choke, but he's been phenomenal, and deserves to call out teammates.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I noticed how angry he was in the Coyotes game and I was kinda glad to see it. He should be angry.

The absolute collapse we see WAYYYY too often and will to finish any game strong is gross.

3 seperate guys made absolutely stupid decisions on the OT winner! Eberle I think to try and throw it back to the point when Petry is not in position for it, Petry for even trying to keep it in when the smarter play was back off and defend and Belov for stopping when he could have at least interfered with Yandle. How is a goalie who kept the team in the game supposed to react when he sees that crap happen in front of him?

Billybaroo*

While I don't agree with this, if Ilya is blaming teammates it would be behind closed doors at this point. I'd actually be 100% fine with this as someone needs to get through to these guys.

This I agree with

Kulleroinen*

Wow. Canadian media sure loves russians. I mean, it is not like the first time a goalie snaps at a defender. They should do that if there is a dumb play...

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
3 seperate guys made absolutely stupid decisions on the OT winner! Eberle I think to try and throw it back to the point when Petry is not in position for it, Petry for even trying to keep it in when the smarter play was back off and defend and Belov for stopping when he could have at least interfered with Yandle. How is a goalie who kept the team in the game supposed to react when he sees that crap happen in front of him?

the whole time bryz, after standing on his head, again, is thinking "you have got to be kidding me, this isnt happening is it? ok bail them out one more time one more time, dammit "

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
When I read I try to pay attention to the authors narrative to look for bias.

Comments like "full on temper tantrum" and "nip the bad behavior in the bud" speak to the author invoking their own narrative as if its the only way to look at it. i.e. "bad behavior" Well who's saying its bad behavior? If you believe it is I guess you believe Bryz is "bad".

Media are always willing to put up guys like this on the cross as Bryz has the balls to confront them and call them out. Media never much like that and much of what we've heard of Bryz has been perpetrated by MSM and other media and with Bryz only too happy to play along for the ride.

Oh, and I wonder what Scotty Upshall would know about professional treatment of colleagues. He seems eager to be throwing one under the bus. I'd question that source as well as his track record ain't sparkling.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

This for the Win.

Glenn Hall would vomit twice as much knowing he'd have these players in front of him every night.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
This would be called leadership if he were a Canadian player.

100% it would, writing this article without asking the players in the room is garbage, but we all knew that already thats why no one is clicking that link anymore. this is hockeybuzz type trash

Billybaroo*

This would be called leadership if he were a Canadian player.

Thats a load of garbage.
Man oh man, Im getting as tired of those making excuses for the stupidity of what Yak /his agent & now Bryz do, & characterizing it as some anti Russian thing, as I am about the horrific play of the Oilers.
But I guess no one would have called out Belov for that pathetic display if he was Canadian, right?
Can you imagine if that had been Gagner?

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Thats a load of garbage.
Man oh man, Im getting as tired of those making excuses for the stupidity of what Yak /his agent & now Bryz do, & characterizing it as some anti Russian thing, as I am about the horrific play of the Oilers.
But I guess no one would have called out Belov for that pathetic display if he was Canadian, right?
Can you imagine if that had been Gagner?

its not the fans its the media, they are the anti russian mob, you can deny it if you want but its right in front of your face

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yes.
Because Patrick & Bryz have the same pedigree.
And Roy made a habit of it.
And was run off numerous teams.
Great example.
Kudos

Never said they had the same pedigree. He wasn't ran off numerous teams, in fact, you can make a case and say that Phoenix and Philadelphia really wanted him...He isn't the first, or last, player to be bought out...

Yes, it is a great example when replying to your original post.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
I am extremely glad that Bryz shows some emotion out there.

In fact, I am curious as to why he hasn't hit Belov over the head with his stick.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Something about this article feels very slapdash, trying making something out of nothing? There is very little substance to it me thinks.

Billybaroo*

its not the fans its the media, they are the anti russian mob, you can deny it if you want but its right in front of your face

Well, I don't think it was the media who didn't give Bryz a contract.Why do you think he couldn't get a contract? Cause he was a normal guy with his teammates?
Nor do I think it was the media who created the ****storm earlier this year with Yak & his agent. That was kinda created by the central figures don't ya think?

Billybaroo*

Well, I don't think it was the media who didn't give Bryz a contract.Why do you think he couldn't get a contract? Cause he was a normal guy with his teammates?
Nor do I think it was the media who created the ****storm earlier this year with Yak & his agent. That was kinda created by the central figures don't ya think?

Btw that article wasn't even in the hated MSM. It was some blogger. likely in his moms basement. Who knows, it could be someone on HF Boards

Billybaroo*

Never said they had the same pedigree. He wasn't ran off numerous teams, in fact, you can make a case and say that Phoenix and Philadelphia really wanted him...He isn't the first, or last, player to be bought out...

Yes, it is a great example when replying to your original post.

You use Roy as the corollary of brz?
Great.
Excellent.
Carry on

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
You use Roy as the corollary of brz?
Great.
Excellent.
Carry on

I used Roy as an example of an NHL goalie, which Bryzgalov is also btw, who didn't shy away from showing his emotions on the ice, or in media scrums after the game or at any time really. You on the other hand are intent on putting words into my mouth as though I said them even though they are your words.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Can he stop the puck?
If yes, I don't care.
If no, he's got bigger problems.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Our defense is a ****ing joke. A ****ing joke!!!
I don't even play on the team and I'm pissed about it. If I were Bryz I would've taken someone's head off by now. They suck, and so does Eakins' 'coaching,' so he can shove it, too.

beaterson

Jun 13, 2011
the 780
This is a garbage article by a garbage blogger. Let this thread die before people actually start reading it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad