Is the old, crazy Ilya Bryzgalov back?

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
He has a passion for the game..when his Teammates let him down, he shows some emotion... Something this team needs more of...

ibvAsLklzyo6fD.gif
This would be called leadership if he were a Canadian player.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
He has a passion for the game..when his Teammates let him down, he shows some emotion... Something this team needs more of...

ibvAsLklzyo6fD.gif

the best part is he knows the stick isnt going to hit anyone, its not like his teammates were coming back to help anyway

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
His stick throwing has matured...from almost taking a Ref's head off...Oilers @ Coyotes Sat Mar 15, 2008

iCWahp7gJ1EJE.gif

what a horrible horrible teammate showing emotion and being upset with losing.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
The funny part is i was actually worried about the opposite, I thought Bryz would come here and not care at all. that he would not promote a winning attitude. The fact that he is pissed is a pleasant surprise.

Deus

Jul 28, 2011
I especially like the quote from Scottie Upshall, who is known to wear out his welcome in locker rooms.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
The funny part is i was actually worried about the opposite, I thought Bryz would come here and not care at all. that he would not promote a winning attitude. The fact that he is pissed is a pleasant surprise.

He has a great passion for the game..That's why he gets upset.. He could still lead a strong defensive team to the finals....He probably can't believe how bad this team is...But he still gives a great 60 minute effort...Unlike a great percentage of the players, in front of him...

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
He could make a refreshing drink of blended babies and puppies between stoppages and I'd be fine with it as long as he keeps playing like he has been... aka decent goaltending.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
what a horrible horrible teammate showing emotion and being upset with losing.

To be honest his reaction on that one may have been mostly just upset that he was scored on by the oilers.

Edit- bet that scared the **** out of the unsuspecting phoenix fans there to see their first hockey game :laugh::laugh:

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
Flyers fan here. I really feel bad for this dude taking the blame for every crap situation he gets thrown in. The Flyers BLEW defensively under laviolette not only because it was a high risk, push at all costs offense but we traded all of our vets for kids who were freakin out and trying to get used to the pacing of NHL hockey, let alone trying to make perfect low percentage plays out of our zone getting picked constantly in the slot. Dude won 33 games on a disaster of a team and took full blame for everything cause of that stupid contract. I wish we still had him even tho mason's is great. Bryzgalov is a really good goalie that just keeps getting crapped on every chance the media gets. I hope things turn around for him and the team.

Jul 19, 2012
Bryzgalov should break his ****ing stick across the head of each Oiler responsible for the miscues. They don't have a clue how to play. Eakins is a hypocrite, rife with double standards. He can take his fitness regimen and shove it up his ass. Win a ****ing hockey game once in a while against a team that matters.

Doc Scurlock

Nov 23, 2006
Bryzgalov should break his ****ing stick across the head of each Oiler responsible for the miscues. They don't have a clue how to play. Eakins is a hypocrite, rife with double standards. He can take his fitness regimen and shove it up his ass. Win a ****ing hockey game once in a while against a team that matters.

Hey, thanks to Eakins' fitness regimen we may not be able to win hockey games but our guys will dominate the triathlons in the offseason.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Read the Edmonton Sun article. It reads like a media member with a bone to pick because a guy doesn't like to answer his questions.

Meh.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
What a dreadful piece of **** article. Sounds like something a high school kid with a grudge would write. Vomit worthy. I hope the person writing it isn't getting paid doing it because that's just a mockery of every person without a job around the world.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Anton Slepyshev just snapped his stick over the boards and was crying after losing to sweden in the semifinals........................what a bad team mate and horrible human

nullterm

Dec 8, 2007
Port Moody, BC
Stop the puck. All that matters. I don't care if Dubnyk is a Buddhist monk with his calmness, Id rather have wacky Bryz who actually moves like a goalie and has reflexes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad