Is Stepan part of the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepanformayor*

If I was this kid I would feel like the Rangers have just punched me in the gut. What a slap to his face that Falk is resigned before him. With everything that this kid has done for this team the last three years, it is a shame that he will be last to sign. I get the RFA stuff, but to me you dont treat Mac like they did and then leave Stepan to be the last to be signed. The only thing that has happened here is that you probably pissed off Stepan and his agent. To me the deal just got a lot harder to get done because of the way you treated your leading goal scorer.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You were clueless in the other thread, so you decided to announce it to everyone by making a new thread?

They are talking to Stepan's agent. The deal just hasn't gotten done yet. The fact that Falk signed before him means absolutely nothing. Falk had little negotiating leverage so there wasn't much to delay his signing. Stepan is our #1 center. He and his agent will want to be paid accordingly. Stepan is not arbitration eligible. Sather will want to keep his cap hit down. It's going to be a harder negotiation than the others, but it will get done.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
If I was this kid I would feel like the Rangers have just punched me in the gut. What a slap to his face that Falk is resigned before him. With everything that this kid has done for this team the last three years, it is a shame that he will be last to sign. I get the RFA stuff, but to me you dont treat Mac like they did and then leave Stepan to be the last to be signed. The only thing that has happened here is that you probably pissed off Stepan and his agent. To me the deal just got a lot harder to get done because of the way you treated your leading goal scorer.

Relax duder, they are all arbitration eligible (I wouldn't even be surprised if Zuccs signed before him). Time is young in the offseason (MANY other notable players such as Henrique, Pietrangelo, etc) and I have all the confidence that there is a plan in place. Take it right from McDonagh's mouth from the press conference, we'll be hearing about his signing soon, no worries...

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009

You are assuming a lot. It could be that Stepan wants more $$ or specific accommodations like NMC etc. The players don't care what order they are signed in. They care about $$$$

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Maybe Rangers wanted to get the other easy two out of the way to see if they could offer him a LTD this year instead of a bridge deal.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

LOL, yea, Im sure they haven't contacted Stepan at all.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
this needs to be updated

BzL8mWw.jpg

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
OK, this is an unnecessary thread, as I think everyone has let us know. Discuss this in one of the signings threads, or something.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad