Is Sidney Crosby still a top 10 player today?

Is Sidney Crosby still a top 10 player today?

• Yes

Votes: 72 48.6%
  • No but he’s very close

Votes: 58 39.2%
  • No he’s not even top 20

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Mcdavid
Drasaitl
Mackinnon
M.Tkachuk
Matthews
Makar
E.Karlsson
A.Fox
Shesterkin
Sorokin
Vasilevsky
Kaprisov
Marner
Pasternak
J.Robertson
J.Hughes
E.Pettersson
Dahlin
Kucherov

i have as better than current Crosby. (Hard to compare other positions). So I have Crosby at around 20th ranked player today.

edit, this isn’t order , just random

Last edited:
Reactions: xigon and Play

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Mcdavid
Drasaitl
Mackinnon
M.Tkachuk
Matthews
Makar
E.Karlsson
A.Fox
Shesterkin
Sorokin
Vasilevsky
Kaprisov
Marner
Pasternak
J.Robertson
J.Hughes
E.Pettersson
Dahlin
Kucherov

i have as better than current Crosby. (Hard to compare other positions). So I have Crosby at around 20th ranked player today.
Having Kucherov at #19 invalidates your list.

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Probably not, but I'd be hard pressed to pick 10 guys I'd rather go on a playoff run with

Reactions: wetcoast

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
He is on the bubble for me.

McDavid
Makar
MacKinnon
Drasaitl
Matthews
Kucherov
M.Tkachuk
Pastrnak

It's probably between Crosby, Hughes, Karlsson to finish the top 10.

Reactions: xigon

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I voted No but I know for a fact some nights he still got it in him and will play better than some of the guys on that list. Guy is amazing

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Mcdavid
Drasaitl
Mackinnon
M.Tkachuk
Matthews
Makar
E.Karlsson
A.Fox
Shesterkin
Sorokin
Vasilevsky
Kaprisov
Marner
Pasternak
J.Robertson
J.Hughes
E.Pettersson
Dahlin
Kucherov

Can you do one but In order please?

As a bonus

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Just outside.

He’s 12th in scoring and considering defensemen and goalies, there’s no way you can argue he’s top 10 anymore.
I voted yes, but without thinking about it too much and if I went through player by player....maybe not? That said, you can't just looking at scoring and say no because he's at 12th in scoring. RNH is at 11th....there is no way I would say RNH is better than Crosby. Some of the others ahead of him as well....several having breakout years....does that mean they are better players, what do they bring besides offense, etc. That said, most of those players are in their early to mid-20s, so likely will continue to improve and their production this year isn't simply a breakout year that doesn't continue.

Reactions: HabzSauce

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I have him as #8

McDavid
Draisatl
Makar
MacKinnon
Matthews
Kucherov
M. Tkachuk
Crosby

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Probably right around 10th, arguably outside considering all positions but no worse than 20th I think.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I picked no but very close. Still has amazing underlying stats. Goal scoring has died down a little from early season and his line mates have been having trouble finishing.

Dude still flashes when he’s on the ice and makes insane plays. Isn’t someone that makes a play or two a game and then fades away for the rest of it.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Mcdavid
Drasaitl
Mackinnon
M.Tkachuk
Matthews
Makar
E.Karlsson
A.Fox
Shesterkin
Sorokin
Vasilevsky
Kaprisov
Marner
Pasternak
J.Robertson
J.Hughes
E.Pettersson
Dahlin
Kucherov

You're taking the likes of marner /Petterson/kaprizov/tkachuk over Crosby for a cup run? I'm certainly not

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If he's giving it his all and trying (tie game for example), yes. Overall, probably top 12-18

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Just outside at first instinct, but then i couldn't count 10 better players so had to vote yes.
Also i didn't count goalies bc i didnt want to.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
You're taking the likes of marner /Petterson/kaprizov/tkachuk over Crosby for a cup run? I'm certainly not
As a whole Crosby has the more success career wise, that’s not debatable. What is debatable is that superstar players in the cap era don’t win cups in they’re mid 30’s. They just don’t. And yes hockey is the ultimate team sport and one player can only do so much, crosby has been on a team with 4 straight playoff rd 1 exits.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
The beginning of the next great narrative. “He was top 10 for his entire career.” Right up there with being a defensive stalwart the entire way.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
As a whole Crosby has the more success career wise, that’s not debatable. What is debatable is that superstar players in the cap era don’t win cups in they’re mid 30’s. They just don’t. And yes hockey is the ultimate team sport and one player can only do so much, crosby has been on a team with 4 straight playoff rd 1 exits.
And what exactly has marner done again? This is also top 10 player not who is the most valuable asset for many years

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
And what exactly has marner done again? This is also top 10 player not who is the most valuable asset for many years
I agree, players I mentioned like marner have underwelmed when it’s mattered. I just prefer the mid 20’s superstar who hasn’t had any playoff success yet to the mid 30’s superstar whose playoff success came 5 yrs ago….that’s all

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Probably not, but I'd be hard pressed to pick 10 guys I'd rather go on a playoff run with

Pretty much this and in a 1 year league throw everyone into the pool no contracts he would be taken in the top 10 by NHL GMS in a total NHL redraft IMO and certainly for forwards he would be a top 10 pick.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
If I'm going into a playoff run, there are NOT ten players in the NHL that I take over Sid. You saw just how good he was last year. And I don't see a great argument for ranking a bunch of comparable offensive players ahead of him, based on youth alone.

Right now, I only have McDavid, Drai, Matthews, MacKinnon, Makar, and Kucherov clearly ahead.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Mcdavid
Drasaitl
Mackinnon
M.Tkachuk
Matthews

Makar
E.Karlsson
A.Fox
Shesterkin
Sorokin
Vasilevsky
Kaprisov
Marner

Pasternak
J.Robertson
J.Hughes
E.Pettersson
Dahlin

Kucherov

I would take him ahead of all the bolded for the playoffs... There are 3 others on there that its too close to call for me so I didnt bold them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad