Is Rangers Management Doing Anything to Apologize to Fans?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I highlighted this because I find all of our collective ranting and raving against the NHL funny and not a little ironic. Here we all are on a chat board dedicated to NHL hockey......*****ing and moaning about that enterprise that is NHL hockey. You would all have to admit that the lunacy of the last few months by owners and players is exceeded possibly only by the lunacy of the fans.

In the end that's the saving grace of hockey: The slavish devotion of it's fan base. We're all addicted to the crack that is NHL hockey. Embrace it.

We all love hockey, but we certainly aren't all in the same boat.

Personally, I can post on a message board and watch the game from the comfort of my home, but I refuse to put a dime more into the NHL than I have to.

After all these years, its amazing that a thread like this still (and probably always will) pops up - one begging for an apology, or handouts, or whatever because of the lockout. Dont the fans realize that the NHL exploits their love for the game and takes, takes, takes? Then, in the most vicious cycle of all, they argue over your money and actually take the game itself away from you.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Why should Dolan apologize for a lockout he didn't want?

Dolan didnt want a lockout because he has a successful team and he can find 18,000 people to pay to come see his team in a city of 8M whether they're good or not.

The second piece of it is most important to Jimmy.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
We all love hockey, but we certainly aren't all in the same boat.

Personally, I can post on a message board and watch the game from the comfort of my home, but I refuse to put a dime more into the NHL than I have to.

After all these years, its amazing that a thread like this still (and probably always will) pops up - one begging for an apology, or handouts, or whatever because of the lockout. Dont the fans realize that the NHL exploits their love for the game and takes, takes, takes? Then, in the most vicious cycle of all, they argue over your money and actually take the game itself away from you.

I was watching the excellent documentary that Ken Burns did on baseball this morning with my coffee. First the players abused the game with corruption and fixing. Then the owners abused the game with the reserve clause. Players were in effect poorly paid serfs who got paid what and when the owners found convenient. Then baseball went through a prolonged era of labor unrest to resolve that.

It's sounds familiar because it is. It's the evolution of an entertainment enterprise. Imperfect, clumsy and wonderful.

It is what is and I'm glad it's back. I further find all this sturm and drang dedicated to hockey pretty entertaining as well.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I highlighted this because I find all of our collective ranting and raving against the NHL funny and not a little ironic. Here we all are on a chat board dedicated to NHL hockey......*****ing and moaning about that enterprise that is NHL hockey. You would all have to admit that the lunacy of the last few months by owners and players is exceeded possibly only by the lunacy of the fans.

In the end that's the saving grace of hockey: The slavish devotion of it's fan base. We're all addicted to the crack that is NHL hockey. Embrace it.

I'm just at the point -- and have been there since the last lockout -- where I don't want some empty apology from my team, the players, or the league. It's insulting. If I were a Pens fan I would honestly be insulted that they think my allegiance is worth some free food and half-off a bunch of already overpriced, cheaply made merchandise. I guarantee you that the cost of what they're "giving away" is less than half of the revenue they'll make from one gate for their first home game.

Not even worth getting up in arms about anymore.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I'm just at the point -- and have been there since the last lockout -- where I don't want some empty apology from my team, the players, or the league. It's insulting. If I were a Pens fan I would honestly be insulted that they think my allegiance is worth some free food and half-off a bunch of already overpriced, cheaply made merchandise. I guarantee you that the cost of what they're "giving away" is less than half of the revenue they'll make from one gate for their first home game.

Not even worth getting up in arms about anymore.

Well, many would consider that good business. I know it's short sighted but again, it is what it is.

Just to give them the slightest benefit: These folks are just doing the best they can in a lousy situation. But yes, I'm glad the Rangers are not doing this...yet. Probably anticipating fans totally calling B.S. on it. Rightfully so.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Well, many would consider that good business. I know it's short sighted but again, it is what it is.

Just to give them the slightest benefit: These folks are just doing the best they can in a lousy situation. But yes, I'm glad the Rangers are not doing this...yet. Probably anticipating fans totally calling B.S. on it. Rightfully so.

Using this board as a small sample, the message from the majority of he fans is loud and clear: do what you want, just I've us hockey. No sooner that the deal was announced were some people on this board talking about buying tickets and the Jersey thread is ramped up again.

My thoughts have been very vocal and they're similar to Bleed Ranger Blue's: I like hockey, I like talking hockey, I watch hockey at home. But I will not give one nickel I make on tickets, merch, etc. And haven't since the last lockout. I'm tilting at windmills, but its my response.

Last edited:

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Using this board as a small sample, the message from the majority of he fans is loud and clear: do what you want, just I've us hockey. No sooner that the deal was announced were some people on this board talking about buying tickets and the Jersey thread is ramped up again.

My thoughts have been very vocal and they're similar to Bleed Ranger Blue's: I like hockey, I like talking hockey, I watch hockey at home. But I will not give one nickel I make on tickets, merch, etc. And have since the lag lockout. I'm tikting at windmills, but its my response.

lol I think your phone messed up the end of your post a bit.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

My thoughts have been very vocal and they're similar to Bleed Ranger Blue's: I like hockey, I like talking hockey, I watch hockey at home. But I will not give one nickel I make on tickets, merch, etc. And haven't since the last lockout. I'm tilting at windmills, but its my response.

I completely respect that. I've done plenty of tilting on this board myself. Would you agree that all this discussion with our fists in the air is entertaining?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad