Is Ovechkin a generational..."PERSONALITY"

delled

Oct 3, 2009
Absolutely. no question.

There are many variables in the skillset of an NHL player. When you average all things out including persona, Ovechkin can't be touched in the last 15 years.

Ovechkin shattered so many cliches. How many better players in the history of the NHL do I think are above Ovi? Many. But no one's played this beautiful game like Ovy in 9.004563 years (I calculated it). If you disagree ,well then...live with in. In the age of instant replay before you can go to sleep before a play you made is uploaded and acknowledged by 100,000 people in the span of a second and you still shock people with your latest play? You sir are a legend. Ovy for life. Seriously man, ovy for life.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
What does generational personality mean?

Are Bob Probert, Claude Lemieux, Sean Avery, etc. generational personalities?

If you mean that Crosby has no personality and is a terrible face of the league then I agree.

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011
I guess we could give that to him. I mean, HFboards has already decided he's not even a top 10 player - lazy, doesn't back check, not interested in winning, doesn't show up in the playoffs, overpaid (especially when players like David Clarkson score as much as him for half the salary), etc.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
One thing that helped me get through the past 10 years as a Caps fans is Ovechkin being entertaining on and off the ice. There is no way anyone can hate him, except for the jealous people.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
My coworkers are weirded out by the affections I feel for Ovechkin. I admit to hating him when he was beasting in the world junior tourney, but it's because he was playing my team dammit!!

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

tumblr_inline_n5cmsjq3rX1qafrh6.gif

Thanks grade 10 science.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
He's kind of a crazy nutbar.

He's dealt with a lot though, so I totally get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad